Still having fevers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
    Saw my urologist today. He wants to do a surgical procedure to flush out my kidneys. He's hoping that resolves my problems. Don't know when yet, though. The surgical will be calling to schedule me for it.

Will keep you posted.
    Yes, please stay in touch! Also hoping you dodge the covid bullet. I haven't caught it yet. Have kept up on vaccines and just got the new updated one. Thinking of you and hope the flushing resolves your problem!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Surgery not scheduled until Dec 19. Earliest available. They're currently booking in January. Note added if anything opens up sooner, to try to fit me in.

*Sigh* Was hoping would be within next month. Another 7 weeks of fevers isn't what I want. Urologist took some urine for a urine culture. The results should be completed Monday. He didn't seem that worried, since stent is draining my kidney, and sp catheter keeps my bladder drained.

Called my PCP for results of blood work, and my wbc count is normal. He said he wants me to go hospital. Might have to do that. Will see what what results are from urine culture, and talk to my urologist Monday. If nothing shows up, not sure what another stay would be able to do to help. But would hopefully get the procedure to flush out my kidneys done sooner.

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

My husband has covid now. Started having symptoms late last night.

Got a prescription for paxlovid. Hope that helps some.

He's my caretaker. Helps me in and out of bed. Feel bad he still has to help me. Wears a N95 mask when around me, but hope I'm not next.

My daughter is the perkiest today she's been since Tues. Hope she's finally turning the corner and getting better.
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am so sorry you are having such a bad time lately. I pray you do not get Covid too. Also that your family is better soon.

Comment

Oh no, Kimba! I hope you don't get it. My mother-in-law, who is in hospice care, now has covid too. Praying for both of you.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hope you do not catch it. Hope your husband only has mild case. Glad your daughter is on the rebound. Covid seems to be all over again. Get my booster Wed.

Let us know how you make out.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have covid now. Started having symptoms Tuesday night. Have a really bad sore throat and some high fevers. Hope thats the worst it gets. Started paxlovid yesterday.

My daughter and husband are doing better. They were hit harder than I seem to getting.
                Kimba

Comment

Thanks for your regular updates. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
                  - Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Oh my Goodness, I'm so sorry to hear you have covid. I hope the med clears it up soon. I will continue to pray.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. Feel better soon.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thoughts and prayers here too, Kimba

Comment

Working...
                        X