Still having fevers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having fevers

Still having fevers. Going on five weeks of them! On my third antibiotic since I've been home from the hospital. Being treated for uti, that just won't go away.

I'd appreciate your good thoughts and prayers that my fevers go away. Thanks so much.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

I am so sorry Kimba, You have been in my thoughts and prayers since you first posted. I pray the fevers end soon!

Comment

I'm sorry! As if MS in and off itself isn't enough to deal with! I hope you get better soon. I'll send good thoughts out to the Universe for you. Hugs!
      "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
      ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Kimba, I am sorry that you have been going through and still going through so much. I will be praying for you.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello Kimba!

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
          Kimba, I am sorry that you have been going through and still going through so much. I will be praying for you.
          Ditto!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I hate to hear this Kimba. You are having such a run of bad luck. Have they been able to give you any answers to why you're having all these fevers? I know you have a UTI, but maybe this is something else. Be well Friend!
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

It's been a few days now, Kimba. How is it going? Any better? Thinking of you with hopes the fever has gone down.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

How are you feeling Kimba? Keeping you in our prayers.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Still keep having fevers.
                  Originally posted by Marti
                  Have they been able to give you any answers to why you're having all these fevers? I know you have a UTI, but maybe this is something else.
                  Not really. I was told I was a mystery. I did keep testing positive for a uti, but they didn't understand why I it wasn't clearing up with all the different antibiotics they tried. The last urine culture came back clear, but want to test it again. I saw my primary dr yesterday, and he's quite concerned I keep having them. My fever broke an hour before my appt (101.1), and he said he would have sent me directly to the hospital if it wasn't normal when they took my vitals. Still thought I should go back. Took some blood to get some tests done. Said he's worried I could get an abscess in my kidney or somewhere else like on a heart valve.

I have an appt with my urologist Thursday, and he wants a copy of the results of the urine culture he takes also sent to him. The infectious disease dr finally called me yesterday, and wants to pass my case to my urologist.

I took my last oral antibiotic this morning. Don't want to keep taking them if they're not helping. Don't want to become resistant to antibiotics.

Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers, everyone.

Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

You certainly have my prayers. I pray you will be better soon.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

My daughter has covid-19. Started feeling sick last night and took a covid-19 test today.

She's pretty miserable, and has had a continuous fever ranging from 101.4 F to 102 F. Her symptoms are like a bad cold. She's sleeping a lot, but is laying on the living room couch now. At least she finally ate something.

I'm staying in my bedroom, and my husband is wearing a N95 mask. We've all avoided catching covid til now. Certainly not great timing. Hope not to catch it on top of whatever is going on with me.
                      Kimba

Comment

I hope COVID is not the cause of your long lasting fever, Kimba.
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Saw my urologist today. He wants to do a surgical procedure to flush out my kidneys. He's hoping that resolves my problems. Don't know when yet, though. The surgical will be calling to schedule me for it.

Will keep you posted.
                          Kimba

Comment

Good luck. Truly hope the flushing breaks the fever. Also hope Covid stays away from you and your husband and your daughter feels better soon.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I hope your surgery effectively solves the problem.
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                              X