No announcement yet.

Who's had COVID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tested positive in September. Mild symptoms for covid itself (fatigue, loss of smell and taste, flu like aches and pains) but it sent me into a week of never ending flares. It was like fighting to battles. My fatigue is much worse now.

Comment

I had a mild case after being vaccinated.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I was vvaccinated and boosted when I tested positive in January 2022. My doctor quickly arranged for me to go on the IV therapy and started to feel better within hours.

I've had more severe colds and bouts with the flu.

Comment

I had COVID this summer. My husband's company decided it was finally time again for international travel and important meetings, lots of people flew in to my husband's workplace, so he got COVID from there and I suffered too.

I also had colds and flu worse than the COVID (thank goodness it was not awful or life-threatening). I only felt short of breath for one night. My blood pressure didn't change afterwards.

However, I had the COVID-related hair loss. I've lost about 80% of my hair. It was very thick and healthy before, and now it's so translucent and the skin below it looks bumpy like chicken butt. Let's just say I'm not happy. On the positive side: I had even started looking for wigs, but it turned out not necessary - the hair loss stopped eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie_Crumbles View Post
            I had COVID this summer. My husband's company decided it was finally time again for international travel and important meetings, lots of people flew in to my husband's workplace, so he got COVID from there and I suffered too.

I also had colds and flu worse than the COVID (thank goodness it was not awful or life-threatening). I only felt short of breath for one night. My blood pressure didn't change afterwards.

However, I had the COVID-related hair loss. I've lost about 80% of my hair. It was very thick and healthy before, and now it's so translucent and the skin below it looks bumpy like chicken butt. Let's just say I'm not happy. On the positive side: I had even started looking for wigs, but it turned out not necessary - the hair loss stopped eventually.
            So glad to hear the hair loss stopped!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I tested positive for Covid 19 Wednesday 12/15 and started Paxlovid the same day. Had a fever and weakness but Tylenol helped. By Friday I was feeling better. Back to exercising on Sunday. Feeling back to normal and had a negative test on Friday 12/23. Then on Saturday I began to feel weak. By Sunday I weakened further and had a stuffy nose. On Tuesday 12/27 I tested positive! I’m continuing to exercise and taking a decongestant at bedtime. That’s about all I can do. I’m still within my 20 day isolation period, so I haven’t exposed anyone to this mess. I’m on Ocrevus.
              Paula

Comment

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" on this Sunday, New Year's Day of 2023, but are you aware of the new subvariants XBB1 & XBB1a that are our newest threats? I'm not well-read about these new variants, but they do seem very evasive and a major threat to the elderly, sick and immune-compromised. What do you know about our newest variants? Despite it all, I am wishing my fellow MSers a Healthy & Happy New Year!
                Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

The Covid omicron XBB.1.5 variant is rapidly becoming dominant in the U.S. because it is highly immune evasive and appears more effective at binding to cells than related subvariants, scientists say. XBB.1.5 now represents about 41% of new cases nationwide in the U.S., nearly doubling in prevalence over the past week, according to the data published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The subvariant more than doubled as a share of cases every week through Dec. 24. In the past week, it nearly doubled from 21.7% prevalence.

Scientists and public health officials have been closely monitoring the XBB subvariant family for months because the strains have many mutations that could render the Covid-19 vaccines, including the omicron boosters, less effective and cause even more breakthrough infections.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/30/covi...-to-cells.html

My dh and I got the newest and latest booster in November and so far, we have dodged the covid bullet. We rarely go out in crowded areas and always wear our masks when we do. Many of our kids and grandkids have gotten the omicron varient in the last year.
                  This XBB varient is scary as the boosters are less effective!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    The Covid omicron XBB.1.5 variant is rapidly becoming dominant in the U.S....My dh and I got the newest and latest booster in November and so far, we have dodged the covid bullet. We rarely go out in crowded areas and always wear our masks when we do. Many of our kids and grandkids have gotten the omicron varient in the last year.
                    This XBB varient is scary as the boosters are less effective!
                    Greetings, I just got COVID for the first time. Day zero was December 18th so I guess I can assume it was "Kraken," aka XBB.1.5. I exposed NINE of my friends during an outdoor party I was hosting, happy to say none contracted it. I think I was just coming down with it, because I thought I had an allergy. The next day when I tested I was positive. Very awkward indeed. The virus did a number on my lungs, but overall my energy was quite good the whole time. I functioned normally except for the isolating. Lots of expectoration though. Happy New Year.

All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
                    X