Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's two weeks until Thanksgiving :-) ... What are you grateful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamabug
    replied
    https://wakeupyourmind.net/life/its-...an-to-be-rich/

I just read this link. It makes the following points about gratitude:
    1. You don't need more than what you have.
    2. Be present in order to be grateful.
    3. Gratitude is the highest praise.
    4. The more grateful you are, the more you attract good things.
    5. Being grateful makes you happy.
    6. Gratitude forces you to forgive.

I am incredibly grateful.
    - We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening with hubby's family. Ate at a restaurant; nobody had to cook.
    - We had purchased a turkey since it was the season, with no definite plans about when we'd cook it. Hubby decided to cook it in Thursday; I started some healthy side dishes (mashed sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables) and son finished them. So the 3 of us had a good Thanksgiving; we now have lots of leftover turkey and a large jar of bone broth in the fridge.
    - Hubby was on call on Friday, but had no calls. Son has a 4-day weekend. We've had lots of relaxing, lazy time together this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

If you'd like to continue to express gratitudes, please consider posting in our Gratitude Journal, a Sticky in The Wellness Forum. And, it's really appropriate to keep posting on this thread all weekend!

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...itudes-journal
    Last edited by Mamabug; 11-28-2019, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 502E79
    replied
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jer

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Hi Kimba

You're able to recognize 2 weeks worth of gratitudes in one day!

Very inspiring! Thank you!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• Kimba22
    replied
    Grateful for my DH, who has taken on the role as my caregiver now too.

Grateful for his job and providing for me and our family. For his health insurance.

Grateful he is both able and willing to take me different places. Grateful for our family outing yesterday.

Grateful my son is home for Thanksgiving (he's in grad school and lives in another state). Grateful my family is home together this week.

Grateful for the scholarships he's received and job opportunity he has already been given upon his graduation.

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
    Our dad was a band director who had to spend most of the day getting ready for the parade with his junior high band.
    Grateful for people like your dad, Kitty. For the musical talents they've shared with my daughter, and love of music. Grateful for all the music she's shared with us over the years.

Grateful for my electric wheelchair and baclofen pump. Even simple things like my reacher. I even have a reacher to pick up my reacher when I drop it on the floor!

Grateful for my good days.

Grateful for the joy my furball brings, even on my worst days. Thankful we aren't allergic to her like most cats.

Grateful for friends and family.

Grateful for my faith. Prayers answered.

Grateful for our Thanksgiving plans today with family, and that someone else is doing the cooking.

Grateful for this thread, to remind me I have much to thankful for despite my challenges.
    Last edited by Seasha; 11-28-2019, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kittysmith
    replied
    Thankful for:

We have lost so many family members, yet, I'm thankful for all the wonderful memories I have with my loved ones. My brother and I were just reminisceing about the Christmas parade we had in our hometown every Thanksgiving. Our dad was a band director who had to spend most of the day getting ready for the parade with his junior high band. Then, we'd go to our grandparent's for dinner. Thankful for the family I still have.

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Originally posted by KoKo View Post
    Seasha ~ Your post triggered my gratitude for all of the hardworking farmers who provide us with a vast array of food choices. Blessings to all farmers!
    Gratitude and blessings for fishermen/fisherwomen too! (oceanpride)

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Seasha ~ Your post triggered my gratitude for all of the hardworking farmers who provide us with a vast array of food choices. Blessings to all farmers!
    Amen to that, KoKo. And to all the food workers across the spectrum!

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Originally posted by Leenyi View Post
    Koko I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.
    Thank you Leenyi! Hope you have an abundance of good days.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Gratitude for the sunshine, the winds, the rains and the soil for keeping my garden alive and well; for the harvesting of good food that keeps my family healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    Gratitude for the sunshine, the winds, the rains and the soil for keeping my garden alive and well; for the harvesting of good food that keeps my family healthy. Gratitude that I have still have strength and perseverance to garden!

Good wishes to all

Leave a comment:

• Leenyi
    replied
    I'm thankful to Mamabug for this thread and all the replies.

Koko I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Nora it's sounds like you had a nice early thanksgiving with your family. I'm just wondering did you find the hearing.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    I'm thankful for the many responses to this thread. Your heartwarming posts have touched my heart ❤️ .

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    Better than usual days

Today I'm thankful for my 'better than usual' days.

I love when that happens!

Take Care

Leave a comment:

• NoraS
    replied
    I'm grateful for grown children!

We held our family Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. My daughter and her roommate worked 10 hours Sunday night, then left there immediately for the 2-hour drive to get here. They took the dog outside to play, helped finish preparing the meal, and then handled the cleanup.

We discovered in late afternoon that my mother had lost a diamond earring somewhere between the house and a memorial nook we have at the edge of our woods. i had the brilliant idea to go looking for it. My very-tired daughter came after me to provide much-needed help getting back to the house.

After the girls left, my son ran some errands for me and made sure that I'd be okay alone at the end of a long day.

And I have to agree with the others about music. Holidays are bittersweet to me, because they were always spent with my grandparents. Grandpa died without ever writing down his stuffing recipe, and it's taken years for us to learn how to successfully recreate it.

I've discovered that my best holiday meals occur when I play his favorite music (bluegrass and the HeeHaw Gospel Quartet) while I cook. i think his secret ingredient must've been a lot of love with a handful of tears.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    I'm thankful for my housekeeper. He comes once every other week. We get along well, he works quickly and does a thorough job. But he also takes time to visit.

He's got a flexible schedule. Actually, we're flexible with each other. So if either of us needs to reschedule, it works well.

He's trustworthy. In the past, when we had a pet, he took care of it sometimes when we were on vacation. And brought in our mail.

I'm grateful that we can afford to splurge on a housekeeper and that my husband is willing for us to spend the money.

And, today, I'm grateful for a clean house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X