Daisycat -- Optimism vs pessimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
    Jules and Pennstater, that is so me!! Turning off the mind is so hard. I guess I am a good girl scout...always prepared. Since leaving my job last month I have gotten better at living in the moment and not planning so much. My mind is finally starting to relax....first time since....well, I don’t know when! Lol!!
    So glad to hear your mind is starting to relax! Have you been able to do anything just for your own sheer enjoyment?

I dropped 4 hours from one of my jobs recently which is huge for me. So far the ability to get neglected things like my own medical appointments, pet's vet appointments and lunch with girlfriends has been so nice. I'm still ridiculously busy but I feel more in control if that makes sense.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
      They were so amazing. I am pretty sure I am going to spend so much money on concerts this summer. I already have 3-4 more I want to go to. I just need to see if my day off requests get approved and see if I can move around my PTO. The PTO isn't that big of deal if I can't since I can work another day to make up for it.... but I also like the idea of being paid to go to a concert.

But PTO is something we are all holding onto right now since we are having issues with certain things , but hopefully it gets better.
      I knew you'd have a blast! They really do put on a great concert. My wish list now includes Panic at the Disco and Greta Van Fleet. I look like somebody's granny, hopefully a super-hip granny lol, but I didn't have the money to see concerts when I was younger so I'm enjoying it now. In the past 10 years my goals shifted and making memories is now tied with making money.

I believe this is a sound strategy for anyone in their 50s and 60s since we know its not getting any better healthwise regardless of if there is a significant disease process or not. The truth is in my opinion we are simply dealing with the inevitable realities of being human sooner than many others but is is something everyone has to deal with regardless of when.

I'm at a place of peace I didn't have when I was your age and in your phase of this journey. I pray your life evolves in a similar fashion and you find some peace as the years pass without any major issues.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        I knew you'd have a blast! They really do put on a great concert. My wish list now includes Panic at the Disco and Greta Van Fleet. I look like somebody's granny, hopefully a super-hip granny lol, but I didn't have the money to see concerts when I was younger so I'm enjoying it now. In the past 10 years my goals shifted and making memories is now tied with making money.

I believe this is a sound strategy for anyone in their 50s and 60s since we know its not getting any better healthwise regardless of if there is a significant disease process or not. The truth is in my opinion we are simply dealing with the inevitable realities of being human sooner than many others but is is something everyone has to deal with regardless of when.

I'm at a place of peace I didn't have when I was your age and in your phase of this journey. I pray your life evolves in a similar fashion and you find some peace as the years pass without any major issues.

My list was so long last night I had to take off a few things because I know with summer coming up there is going to be so many more concerts... and now I know I can drive in a crazy downtown busy city and not die I am willing to go to one. ( not the greatest driver so I was kind of worried)

My goals are staying healthy and making money and of course tattoos. I know I have said this before but I am actually done with piercings. I kind of set of the metal detector last night... fun times ... not really. BUT at least it only took a couple extra minutes of my time.

Comment

I know I have said this before but I am actually done with piercings. I kind of set of the metal detector last night... fun times ... not really. BUT at least it only took a couple extra minutes of my time.
          Ha ha street cred. I'm to the point now where I can plan a getaway to cool cities where they are playing. I went to San Antonio to see Highly Suspect a few years back which was nice because I had never been to that city. Did some sight seeing, ate a lot of great good and saw a concert. Good times.

I'm forever getting pulled out of lines at the airport and getting the extra frisk. No clue what thats about. I can't imagine I look the least bit sketchy when I travel, just a middle aged white lady in cargo pants and a twin set. Although is 50-something even considered middle age or am I just flat out old now? I probably passed middle age at 35 or 40 if we are talking literally.
          Anonymous

Comment

My goals are staying healthy and making money and of course tattoos.
            Word!! All you need to worry about is these priorities. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope MS just serves as an occasional flat tire for you for 50 years to come, unless they find even better treatments sooner. There is no need to expand on this. It is merely my wish for YOU.

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
            I'm forever getting pulled out of lines at the airport and getting the extra frisk. No clue what thats about. I can't imagine I look the least bit sketchy when I travel, just a middle aged white lady in cargo pants and a twin set.
            Jules, thanks for the guffaw. It MUST be the cargo pants! I am >50 and get pulled over by TSA about once a year too. They must see a feisty glimmer in my better eye!
            All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
              Word!! All you need to worry about is these priorities. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
              I hope MS just serves as an occasional flat tire for you for 50 years to come, unless they find even better treatments sooner. There is no need to expand on this. It is merely my wish for YOU.

Jules, thanks for the guffaw. It MUST be the cargo pants! I am >50 and get pulled over by TSA about once a year too. They must see a feisty glimmer in my better eye!
              Lol, that is too funny. Yup that good eye gives you away.

I love your analogy of the flat tire and wish that for us all.
              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X