Closing Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    No worries Seasha I can't speak for DC but I thought it was handled beautifully and appreciated your willingness to reopen them so quickly. As it turns out they apparently were ready to fizzle anyway. Thank you for all you and the rest of our mods do!

I agree about how it was handled. I’m glad I got to post what I decided to do in one and thank everyone for their advice.

Still unsure about one, but hey we’ve at least discussed the issue which is a lot more than we have done in the past 15 months

Comment

Question for moderators. Do you approve and post your own replies? I certainly don't feel there are moderator's posts I felt unworthy of being published, just curious. If I was a moderator it would be tempting to answer every single post I reviewed, lol.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Question for moderators. Do you approve and post your own replies?
        Yes we do.

If I was a moderator it would be tempting to answer every single post I reviewed, lol.
        Speaking only for myself, but if I did that, then my ADL's, light housekeeping, exercising etc. would never get done (I'm very slow these days!)

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Jules

I'm pretty much a 'when the spirit moves me' type of responder.

Take Care
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Jules

I'm pretty much a 'when the spirit moves me' type of responder.

Take Care
            I had to LOL at the lack of ADLs if you answered everything. Thanks for responding to this one.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I had to LOL at the lack of ADLs if you answered everything. Thanks for responding to this one.

Sorry for asking.... what is ADL?
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

ADL = activities for daily living...

Dressing, bathing, etc.

And Jules, my response is like KoKo's,but also depends on how I feel for the day and whether my numb fingers feel strong enough to type!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Me too. Depends on how I feel. Whether I have something I feel is worth contributing. Probably similar to other members.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for all you do! Seriously I get its a thankless job but we do appreciate it. I can not imagine how I'd manage the past, present and future without the camaraderie from this group.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Thanks for all you do! Seriously I get its a thankless job but we do appreciate it. I can not imagine how I'd manage the past, present and future without the camaraderie from this group.
                      I feel like I'm helped as much as I help. You all deserve a hug!
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        I feel like I'm helped as much as I help. You all deserve a hug!
                        Seriously, this is my exact sentiments also!!
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                          Seriously, this is my exact sentiments also!!
                          (( Like ))
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I´m still in favor of a system with moderators but with immediate postings.
                            There could be a three strikes and you´re out system that then allowed read-only status.
                            The argument that there are minors and folks who are fragile with suicidal ideation is not enough, in my opinion, to keep the current system. The dx itself of MS is a whopper and it´s hard to imagine something on a forum being worse. Minors today have seen way more of inappropriate content than in the past. Not that I would promote, but that it is already part of their reality. As for the fragile folks, even psychiatrists cannot predict when a person is apt to follow through on a suicide. There could also be a "report for inappropriate content" button that would likely lead to an immediate blocking of hurtful postings. On the flip side, if someone who is fragile posts here and there is a lag time in response, that could make that person feel even more isolated. I don´t think the current system is at its highest and best use. Surely there are ways to improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                              I´m still in favor of a system with moderators but with immediate postings.
                              There could be a three strikes and you´re out system that then allowed read-only status.
                              The argument that there are minors and folks who are fragile with suicidal ideation is not enough, in my opinion, to keep the current system. The dx itself of MS is a whopper and it´s hard to imagine something on a forum being worse. Minors today have seen way more of inappropriate content than in the past. Not that I would promote, but that it is already part of their reality. As for the fragile folks, even psychiatrists cannot predict when a person is apt to follow through on a suicide. There could also be a "report for inappropriate content" button that would likely lead to an immediate blocking of hurtful postings. On the flip side, if someone who is fragile posts here and there is a lag time in response, that could make that person feel even more isolated. I don´t think the current system is at its highest and best use. Surely there are ways to improve it.
                              Well said and I agree. I especially like your point about someone fragile not having the opportunity to receive immediate responses and support likely being more damaging than a rude response. I remember it like a group therapy dynamic where members supported, moderated and even corrected each other when someone was nearing the invisible line. Like we do now but without the delay to explain if our point was misinterpreted etc.

Again I think that generally people here are very nice and supportive so I would suspect it would be the rare post that required reporting or censorship. There is already the little triangle at the bottom for reporting inappropriate comments.

Not trying to do away with your jobs mods because I bet the traffic and interactions would increase dramatically. That and lets get our "like" button, right Faith?
                              Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                                On the flip side, if someone who is fragile posts here and there is a lag time in response, that could make that person feel even more isolated.
                                Isn't the chat room more about back and forth, quick response conversation?

Comment

Working...
                                X