No announcement yet.

For Daisycat and all those struggling to come to terms with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet gift. You have been thru so much. Truly insprirational.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

And to think I was foolish enough to think you actually meant this. I get that people don’t like my view of this curse since it makes them think I am talking about them as well...

but maybe don’t waste my time with fake encouragement threads when all you people want is for me to accept that my life and future are worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
        And to think I was foolish enough to think you actually meant this. I get that people don’t like my view of this curse since it makes them think I am talking about them as well...

but maybe don’t waste my time with fake encouragement threads when all you people want is for me to accept that my life and future are worthless.
        I take exception to this. You, and you alone are the only one who views your life and future as worthless. Noone here told you this.

Everyone was trying to encourage you to realize you can have a life and future, even with an MS diagnosis. Acceptance of your diagnosis is a step you have to take to ever move on in life.

Don't confuse the two views.
        Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          I take exception to this. You, and you alone are the only one who views your life and future as worthless. Noone here told you this.

Everyone was trying to encourage you to realize you can have a life and future, even with an MS diagnosis. Acceptance of your diagnosis is a step you have to take to ever move on in life.

I do not view a life as a blindish , not walking, unemployed , etc person as a life. To me that is worthless

Comment

Again... sorry. But it seems like every response encourages Daisy to continue with the word-for-word posts.... the exact same words every time. Never a new song. Maybe we would all help her more by keeping our thoughts to ourselves. I know that seeing less of these posts would surely help me. Sorry again.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
              Again... sorry. But it seems like every response encourages Daisy to continue with the word-for-word posts.... the exact same words every time. Never a new song. Maybe we would all help her more by keeping our thoughts to ourselves. I know that seeing less of these posts would surely help me. Sorry again.

Marti - I had decided to stop responding unless there was something different to say or help was truly wanted. I do feel pity for her, as she is crying out for help. But I realize her cries are far more advanced than I can help with and her resistance to therapy are worrisome.

But I could not let anyone read this thread thinking anyone on this board told someone their life and future were worthless. To the opposite, many shared their struggles, and the ups and does of life with MS, and also how they moved forward in life.

We do have the choice in the threads we read. If it stresses you out, I would stay away from specific threads.

But for me, any incorrect info needs to be corrected for the benefit of other readers, especially related to MS disease course.
              Kathy

Comment

Marti - I had decided to stop responding unless there was something different to say or help was truly wanted. I do feel pity for her, as she is crying out for help. But I realize her cries are far more advanced than I can help with and her resistance to therapy are worrisome.

But I could not let anyone read this thread thinking anyone on this board told someone their life and future were worthless. To the opposite, many shared their struggles, and the ups and does of life with MS, and also how they moved forward in life.

We do have the choice in the threads we read. If it stresses you out, I would stay away from specific threads.

But for me, any incorrect info needs to be corrected for the benefit of other readers, especially related to MS disease course.

Agreed and appreciated.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

You are ungrateful and mean

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post

All I can say is "Wow". What an ugly thing to say to me and to all those who are trying to help you. I won't waste a tear on your mean response. I really resent the fact that you have monopolized this board and "We people" are over it.

SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
                    All I can say is "Wow". What an ugly thing to say to me and to all those who are trying to help you. I won't waste a tear on your mean response. I really resent the fact that you have monopolized this board and "We people" are over it.

SMH...

I am sorry but the last response you gave on my old thread was extremely rude. I have very right ti feel like I shouldn't even be alive because of this. I was grateful for this thread.. but then I saw your other response.

Comment

Everyone please take note:

Guideline #1 States:

INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times. Prejudicial remarks relating to racial or ethnic background, religion, sex, age, political party or sexual orientation in chat or on the message boards is strictly prohibited. Any comments made with intent to harm or hurt another in any way will be deleted and/or people will be warned and/or banned if said in chat. All chat rooms are recorded and all transcripts are reviewed.
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you Seasha

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        Everyone please take note:

Guideline #1 States:

INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times. Prejudicial remarks relating to racial or ethnic background, religion, sex, age, political party or sexual orientation in chat or on the message boards is strictly prohibited. Any comments made with intent to harm or hurt another in any way will be deleted and/or people will be warned and/or banned if said in chat. All chat rooms are recorded and all transcripts are reviewed.

I have enjoyed this group for the past 10 years. I appreciate everyone here who is looking for guidence. I do feel that I will step away from the board until all of this blows over. I didn't join this group to have to defend myself and get my feeling hurt. So, I'll stop posting for a while til the dust settles. I am very hurt by all of this. As with others, I was trying to help.

I had stayed off the board for a few years and fairly recently began posting again. I love everyone here and think you all are fantastic people. I'll miss you guys, but I just cannot handle all the negativity. I have enough stress in my life. I'm sure I'll post here again sometime. Take care.

Love and peace to each of you.

Kitty

Comment

Thank you so much for your original post kittysmith.

I always enjoy all your posts.
                          i have avoided some posts because not only do i feel i can't help the person involved but they make me feel bad .
                          I also took a break of over a year because of some of the negative stuff.
                          We all have 'stuff' to deal with. Its always a help to share .
                          I really wish i could get to know some of the posters on here on a more personal level because quite frankly , i get lonely and i live a fairly isolated life. But i have never used a 'chat room' and the time frame between aus and us/canada would require a lot of planning.
                          So i post occasionally and get the odd response.
                          i have to be content with that

Any way don't stay away to long - the rest of us will miss you.
                          Caroline.

Comment

Kittysmith --
                            On one thread, someone talked about an ignore button. I'm not sure how it works, bit maybe someone can explain it?
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

And I was very hurt by how people basically couldn’t understand how much pain I am in every second of every day. I was hoping people who shared this would be understanding.

Instead I felt like the kid everyone picked on in high school because I was different. (Not everyone 75% of people)

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                                Kittysmith --
                                On one thread, someone talked about an ignore button. I'm not sure how it works, bit maybe someone can explain it?
                                There's a new thread about the ignore option with details on how to use it. https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...tion-selection

Follow the directions given and be sure to hit Save when you're done.
                                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X