This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
    I hope you don’t regret submitting this because you said so much of what I was thinking. I also agree with Marti about the enormous overreaction to a single episode of double vision. I know Daisycat is worried about the bigger picture but this thread is a pity party like I’ve never seen before.

Daisycat, you need to stop saying we don’t understand because no one is going to understand this like we do! The things you say infer that you believe we’ll all have to give up hopes, our dreams and our careers. That none of us are worth the good things in life. That we’re all “cursed”. It’s not only wrong - it’s offensive!

I understand that you feel alone and this is the only place you feel safe to vent but I think it’s high time you call a therapist.

The fact that you are wallowing in your fear and using meds to escape it is a sure sign that you need professional help to guide you towards acceptance. Anyone on here who feels that saying that is mean needs to see the bigger picture. This thread is a million pages long and yet Daisy still hasn’t made a single step towards helping herself and instead backtracks and doubles down on the negatives.

I know now everyone wants to be supportive but Daisycat is being coddled and I believe that she is relishing the attention right now and I don’t see how it’s actually helping her in a meaningful way.

Thank you for understanding what I have been TRYING to say. Maybe my words are jumbled up in my head and are coming out kind of scrambled. I completely agree with your post. We've all been trying to help Daisy, but she needs some more professional help... one on one with someone who is trained to help her resolve her issues. I haven't had any confrontations with Daisy. She does try to pull some positives out of all our posts. She's just so sensitive and worried about her future.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
      In my opinion she has been a breath of fresh air in a way and has certainly increased traffic, other topics and participation on this languishing board for which I am thankful.
      Jules, I’ve seen you write that before and I think it’s unfortunate that this is considered a breath of fresh air. It seems as Daisy is sucking the air out of the room and no one else can breathe! You have another newly diagnosed member who even said that her post has gotten no replies but everyone is over here huddled around Daisycat.

This thread is all about attention for her. She has announced her departure from the site on other threads and yet here she is dominating the conversation. She reminds me of a child who says, “I’m leaving! I’m going home!” and takes a few very heavy steps around the corner yet she’s still peeking to make sure we’re all still there waiting for her.

I’m very newly diagnosed and I’d like to tell you what drew me to this board, because it certainly wasn’t this.

Out of all of the message boards I came across during my time in Limbo, I found the users at MSWorld to be the best and the brightest, the most ‘in the know’ about this disease. I felt that this was the place to go to get good, factual information and have important conversations. This environment was supportive without a hint of “woe is me”. There has been sadness, sure, but this... This thread is a huge turnoff and quite frankly I worry it may drive away new and old posters alike.

You want a breath of fresh air? Let’s start some new topics. We can pluck what’s interesting from here and move it to a new thread where everyone can have something to say without having to walk on eggshells lest we hurt someone’s feelings.

Lets debate the right to die! Let’s open up about self medicating! Let’s discuss our fears of how our significant other will treat us later in life! Let’s do this, but in a manner that is productive and thought provoking, not loaded with weary sighs.
      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
        Pennstater

the thing is I don’t feel like I deserve to move forward or anything really. Why should I get anything when normal people deserve it more?

Mama bug

i do try to think of happy moments but I sometimes don’t know how to get the negative ones to go away. Ty again for your kinda words

You are right I am focusing on every little negative thing. It’s on constant replay those 2 hours before my meds kick in

Ocean pride

you are correct. I am 100% terrified of this and my future.
        Daisycat - all of the things you stated are what a therapist can help with.

As for deserving, I will share an experience with you. In college, a boyfriend was incredible. He was raised in a single family home, by a Mom disabled by MS. He worked hard so that he could graduate, get a great job, and move his Mom and younger brother into a better neighborhood and put his brother thru college. He succeeded. I wound up breaking up with him in a very immature manner. Why am I telling you this? When I was diagnosed, I thought immediately of this and was sure it was a payback for how horrible I was to an amazing person. I needed a therapist to convince me otherwise, that I didn't "deserve" MS, it just happened.

Glad you're acknowledging you only focus on the negatives. Again, therapy can help with this. Likewise, your fears.

Once again, you and you alone control your next steps. Decide to stay living depressed, in constant fear, and feeling hopeless or take action and get help.

Reality is that the same things have been said by many people in different ways. You said before that you couldn't trust a therapist who hasn't experienced what you have. Well trust us, as we have all shared in these emotions and know what you are feeling. The diffference - people chose to work on moving on in life. In some cases, the may have been led by a loved one to therapy and help. You need help.

And yes, everyone deals with a diagnosis in their own way and time frame, but after a year, if you are in no better place or actually in a worse place day in and day out, you need professional help, more than this board can give and more than anyone here is qualified to give.

Sorry if this came ofc harsh. Not my intent.

BTW - I do agree that some of the topics in the post are great topics individually. I also know that this post may scare some away. I had a gap in contributing to the board years ago. Came when diagnosed, droppped out when overwhelmed with diagnosis, as it was too scary to be here at times. I came back when I could better handle it. So for those newbies, please hang in with us, even if you need a temporary break.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Jules, I’ve seen you write that before and I think it’s unfortunate that this is considered a breath of fresh air. It seems as Daisy is sucking the air out of the room and no one else can breathe! You have another newly diagnosed member who even said that her post has gotten no replies but everyone is over here huddled around Daisycat.

This thread is all about attention for her. She has announced her departure from the site on other threads and yet here she is dominating the conversation. She reminds me of a child who says, “I’m leaving! I’m going home!” and takes a few very heavy steps around the corner yet she’s still peeking to make sure we’re all still there waiting for her.

I’m very newly diagnosed and I’d like to tell you what drew me to this board, because it certainly wasn’t this.

Out of all of the message boards I came across during my time in Limbo, I found the users at MSWorld to be the best and the brightest, the most ‘in the know’ about this disease. I felt that this was the place to go to get good, factual information and have important conversations. This environment was supportive without a hint of “woe is me”. There has been sadness, sure, but this... This thread is a huge turnoff and quite frankly I worry it may drive away new and old posters alike.

You want a breath of fresh air? Let’s start some new topics. We can pluck what’s interesting from here and move it to a new thread where everyone can have something to say without having to walk on eggshells lest we hurt someone’s feelings.

Lets debate the right to die! Let’s open up about self medicating! Let’s discuss our fears of how our significant other will treat us later in life! Let’s do this, but in a manner that is productive and thought provoking, not loaded with weary sighs.

Intodust... who is the new person who has been overlooked? I don't keep up very well with all the posts? Would you please start a new thread and tell us about you or ask a new question. You are very right... MSWorld is the best board for us. I've been in several over the years but this one is home. Wish we still have private messaging. Don't know where that went.
          Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
            Intodust... who is the new person who has been overlooked? I don't keep up very well with all the posts? Would you please start a new thread and tell us about you or ask a new question. You are very right... MSWorld is the best board for us. I've been in several over the years but this one is home. Wish we still have private messaging. Don't know where that went.
            I searched and searched through this mess of a thread and came to the conclusion that I was mistaken: We have one who is newly diagnosed and is displeased with this thread and one who has had MS for a long time but got a single answer on her latest post when she needed some encouragement.

I already posted my introduction under the Newly Diagnosed sub and I was pleased with the welcoming responses. I hope to be able to engage in more meaningful discussion in the future here.
            “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

I searched and searched through this mess of a thread and came to the conclusion that I was mistaken: We have one who is newly diagnosed and is displeased with this thread and one who has had MS for a long time but got a single answer on her latest post when she needed some encouragement.

I already posted my introduction under the Newly Diagnosed sub and I was pleased with the welcoming responses. I hope to be able to engage in more meaningful discussion in the future here.
              I just went into the Introduction thread you mentioned. In 17 years I have never noticed it or read anything on that thread. It amazed me how many "new" names I saw who I have never noticed in the "General" questions section. I don't remember ever introducing myself. Shame on me. Used to go into Chat a lot way back... but it's changed and I haven't had the energy to try to fix it so I could go back. I guess I stay in my comfort zone in the General Questions room. I don't know how to initiate a conversation with you so I had to continue using Daisy's thread. Somehow we all have to get out of this one and into something new. I'm not sure how many teenagers we have in the group, but this topic can't be good for them. Anyway, thanks... I know you a little better now, but don't have any answers for your questions. I've not really dealt with ON much.
              Marti

Comment

I DID THE MATH

Daisycat, if 35 pages and 456 replies haven't helped you yet, you are wasting your time and ours. I have reached out to you personally. Many have offered suggestions. You have a horrible attitude. Frankly, I'm sick of this. You don't intend to listen to any advice. You have an unrealistic perspective of MS. This really needs to stop. It's difficult to avoid your posts. This one is up to 16 pages. The rest of us get maybe 4 to 10 replies. All this for blurry vision.

We all care about you, but this is ridiculous. I thought we had made some headway last week. I'm gonna just stay away from MSWorld for a little bit till this blows over. There's no need for me to post when all the attention is put on you. Good luck, Daisycat.

It's just gotten to be too much for me.

Comment

Daisy - thank you for starting this thread and for all our member's who have tried to help. I am going to close this thread, but you can always start another thread with other topics and questions.

We wish you wellness!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X