please read this and give me your honest answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please read this and give me your honest answer

Okay, I just want to know if you feel like you are just a just a inconvenience for anyone and how you deal with it......

From your post I take it you're feeling like an inconvenience diguilio. I'm really sorry to hear this - I am absolutely sure you aren't a nuisance to anyone.

Yes, from time to time I feel like a nuisance that everyone would be better off without, and I have a tendency to withdraw when this happens.

I now recognise that these kinds of feelings, for me, tend to stem from depression, frustration at my situation and just general anger at the world.

Treating this kind of depression is really important, be it with drugs, or by talking to a health professional. Sometimes, just voicing our frustrations/anger does actually help.

Like a lot of things, these feelings do pass, and you feel better eventually.

If you're feeling like this diguilio, I implore you to please get some help. Although it might not feel like it, the sun will shine again.

Take care.

Comment

Yes, I often feel this way as well. Partly because my mother had MS and at the time little was known and nothing was done for it. Some of my relatives thought she wasn't really sick and my father left her. So these things have had an effect on how I feel about my own situation.

I went to a therapist who told me about mindfulness meditation. I have an app on my phone that guides me through this every day for just 10 minutes and it has helped a lot.

But sometimes the feeling that I am a "nuisance" creeps up on me so I go to a journal I keep of positive things and read that. It really helps. The feelings do pass and things DO get better.

I hope you feel better.

Comment

thank you for the advice....if you don't mind me where are you calling and can i have that number.....

Comment

You are absolutely NOT a nuisance! MS is a certified pain in the arse! Entertaining this disease is the nuisance! Good luck

Comment

Yes, I can relate. I am always telling my dh I'm sorry for being the way I am, even thro I have no control over this MonSter. He never complains, it's just me feeling bad about myself.

Prayer gets me thru ea. day.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Sometimes.
              I'm usually fairly optimistic, but there are times I feel like a big ugly mess of troublesome burden with a side of fake.
              I know I'm super lucky to have a liven & supportive hubby and the very best friend anyone ever had. One or the other of them is always able to help me pull out of the funk.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Once in awhile, I get that feeling. Usually when I have a set back or just can't do what I feel I should be able to, and for me, it is usually accompanied by my own self pity party. Part of it is that I was always highly independent, so having to be dependent, I feel like a burden. It is in these times, I have to try in my mind to reverse the scenario and see if the situation was different, would I feel this person is a nuisance or burden? That usually helps me get out of the funk.Hope the feeling passes soon for you.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by diguilio View Post
                  thank you for the advice....if you don't mind me where are you calling and can i have that number.....
                  If I understood this correctly, it is not a call it is an app on I downloaded to my phone. There are two the therapist suggested and I use both. One is Headspace and the other is Calm. Only 10 minutes a day and I can see improvement.

Comment

thank you everyone for your response

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                      Sometimes.
                      I'm usually fairly optimistic, but there are times I feel like a big ugly mess of troublesome burden with a side of fake.
                      LOL! I totally get it...especially the part about "a side of fake".

If I acted as miserable as I felt (any place but here), nobody would want anything to do with me! Guilty? Not really. Angry? That's more like it. The worst of it for me is watching my husband faithfully leaving for work every morning while I am planted at home, but again, this is not what either of us wanted!
                      Tawanda

Comment

There are very, very few people who get through life without some family "disaster" or other. Serious illness, disability, drug addiction, accidents etc.
                        Just go through a list of everyone you know - it's life, and sometimes it sucks.

You're not an inconvenience or a burden - you're alive!

That said, MS is pretty high on the hard row to hoe scale.
                        All I can do is remind myself it's not my fault; I'd change it if I could - but I can't; and I am actually quite brave.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't just jump to the conclusion that you are depressed. Others do, indeed, get fed up with us. All you can do is ask them. Tell them you are doing your best and to stick by you. I find people responding with compassion and loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                            There are very, very few people who get through life without some family "disaster" or other. Serious illness, disability, drug addiction, accidents etc.
                            Just go through a list of everyone you know - it's life, and sometimes it sucks.

You're not an inconvenience or a burden - you're alive!

That said, MS is pretty high on the hard row to hoe scale.
                            All I can do is remind myself it's not my fault; I'd change it if I could - but I can't; and I am actually quite brave.
                            Well said!
                            Tawanda

Comment

Ditto!!! .

Comment

Working...
                              X