Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Has Been a Rough Year

Hello Everyone

It has been a bumpy ride. I have been in hospital at least 8 times this year because of Gastroparesis. BTW...August is Gastroparesis Awareness Month. I have met at least a dozen or so other MSers with Gastoparesis since my diagnosis last year. Green Ribbons are the color of the month. Please help me spread awareness of this, for it affects MSers as well.

My weight loss has been unbelievable. I have been approved for a gastric stimulator which is to be implanted this month. Its a rough surgery. I will be admitted, then go to rehab. I am having another procedure at the same time called a pylorplasty...will help the food leave the stomach.

I will remain on Tysabri, even though MRI capability will be nonexistant oncer the pacer is implanted.

This week two people died from my support group and two were admitted to hospice. Gastroparesis is brutal. I try to distance myself from the support group because it is so depressing...but it is hard not to get involved.

I am slowly accepting my fate in this whole mess. It is easier, just to accept it I think. There are feeding tubes if this does not work. I won't give up.

Try not to sweat the small stuff with MS. Leave your worry for when it gets really serious. And believe me, it can get really serious. Each day is a blessing. If you are able, enjoy the day...do something fun.

I really need prayers that this surgery works. 🌷💚🌷
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Katie, I will indeed be lifting you up in prayer. Please know that I am thinking of you often and lifting you up regularly. Your attitude and generosity with sharing your experiences for the benefit of others is something that I appreciate so much.

If you are comfortable, please send us an address of the hospital/rehab so that we can stay in touch in case you don't have internet service or please let someone know if there is something that we can do for you or a specific prayer request.

I hope that today IS a good day for you. Thanks for the prospective that some us only get from experience and the reminder that today, even with it's troubles is a good day! I will try to not only find my blessing in it, but take it up a notch and have some fun.

Love, peace and prayers!

Comment

Dear Katie~ I will be sending prayers for you now and when you have surgery. I will send prayers for the Doctors performing the surgery with skill and care. You are one tough woman with strength of will and know that we all are behind you!

Thank you for your words of wisdom - all words that we need to hear and live by.

Waving a green ribbon for you!
      Stay strong
      xoxo
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
        I really need prayers that this surgery works. 🌷💚🌷
        Hi Katie

Wishing you all the best for your surgery - good thoughts and prayers are headed your way.

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
        Try not to sweat the small stuff with MS. Leave your worry for when it gets really serious. And believe me, it can get really serious. Each day is a blessing.
        Very wise attitude, as I look back over 18 years with PPMS.

One never really knows if the current conditions being experienced will someday be looked upon as "the good old days" (or at least the "better old days").

I try to appreciate the various abilities that I do have today (not always easy, but well worth the effort - it helps me to feel better).

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KatieAgain,

Have missed you, and been thinking of you. So sorry for your battle with gastroparesis. I so admire your fighting spirit. Not sure I could do the same - at least not anymore (had two gravely serious episodes, but at least eventually they were resolved). Praying the gastric stimulator and pylorplasty work. Please let us know when your surgery is scheduled.

Thanks for reminding us each day is a blessing, despite all you are going through. I know we don't appreciate how much worse things could be, until it happens to us. Praying for better days for you.

Hugs ,
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

My Prayers For You Too

KatieAgain,
            My prayers, too, are with you and your doctors. I admire you so much. Your posts help so many of us and I for one appreciate you and your courage under the most dire circumstances. Hope is a very strong aspect of our outcomes! I have hope for you and your successful surgeries.

Comment

Katie,
              I'm so sorry to hear about your continued health struggles. Needless to say those health problems often permeate your mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. Thank you for giving us an update on your condition.

You are certainly missed around here, but your focus needs to be getting better. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish you well!

Comment

I am also praying for you Katie. You are such a strong woman and you inspire me.

God is with you.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

I am thinking of you (and even though I am a big, fat sinner, I do pray and am praying for you!). I am reminded of that theme song from the sitcom, FRIENDS..."When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month...or even your year!"
                  Tawanda

Comment

Katie,

I am so glad to see a post from you. I know you have been having an incredibly tough time of it.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I try to start my day with 3 gratitudes, but sometimes, lose my way. Your reminder to not sweat the small stuff couldn't come at a better time.

It sounds like you have had some hard choices to make. I only know that you are one of the strongest people around. If anyone can beat this terrible card handed to you, it is you.

Keep fighting. Will look for updates.
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Katie,
                      Just saying Hi and hoping all goes well.
                      Caroline.

Comment

Katie I wish you the best of luck, I will be thinking of you You are a strong lady

Shoo
                        Shoo

Comment

Katie

Missed you! I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I'll be praying for you and hoping for the best possible outcome. You have a great attitude and that will help lots.
                          Keep us posted please. We all care!

Comment

Working...
                          X