commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
    I must say I am with group who just gets ticked of at this type of exposure. It makes MS seem like no big deal. Just take this magic pill and you'll be perfectly normal. i know there are MSers who do live fairly normal lives, but my family and I live with the ugly side of MS. the side where you don't know from one day to the next if you will merely stumble around through that day with, perhaps a closer encounter with the floor than that pretty young actress in the ad has ever had, or if you'll wind up in the hospital with a flare up that leaves you unable to even turn over without help. The side with muscle spasms so bad you feel like just cutting off the offending limb(s) and being done with it. The side where you have to ask for help in a public restroom from a total stranger because it's not a family restroom and the only person with you is your DH. Either that or you soak your adult diaper because you just can't make it to the handicap stall which is ALWAYS the last one in the room. Do I sound bitter? Well, maybe I am. It's just that MS has taken away so many of the things I used to love to do, and I feel that things like this ad trivializes the struggles that many of us go through.
    Same here...when my husband and I saw this commercial, I told him that does not present the side of MS most of us have and deal with. I can only wish.

Comment

Originally posted by lori s View Post
      Me too! First thing that came to mind when I saw it - They make MS seem fun! Kind of like the ads from way back where they made having your period seem like a party!
      Like those fashionable people marching around in their Depends like it's a big party or something! I don't see anybody wearing pull-on, elastic waist pants in any of those spots! "Reality" doesn't sell...I get it!
      Tawanda

Comment

Thanks for laugh . If I take Tecfidera I'll look like that in a bathing suit? Tecfidera may be a good drug but that is the stupidest commercial I ever saw. Does it repair damage to your nervous system? I'll give them my list of problems and see how many they'll fix with Tecfidera. That girl doesn't have MS. That's how it works - Start out healthy.
        Dx 1/86 at age 23
        Copaxone 1993 - 2011 (except when I was pregnant or nursing)
        Tysabri - 2011 - present

Comment

Working...
        X