Well it happened I'm out of luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockysmom,

I apologize for putting down the changes in health care. It's really good to hear someone is benefiting from it.

Comment

My nightmare update

They transferred me to a nursing home last night and it was over 80 degrees in the room and the heat wasn't even on! Need I say more? I began to deteriorate very quickly and called the medical transport back & had to pay for them to take me home. I called the care manager at the hospital to place me somewhere else & I'm awaiting results.

This is such a nightmare. My husband was extremely unsympathetic and screaming & yelling at me.

I await my fate. Who knows what will happen to me. I don't know when I'll be able to post again.
      ---------------
      "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Update

So I talked to the case manager at the hospital and was set to be transported to another facility which didn't look too good at all but apparently had some temperature control but sounded just rudimentary.

Then I called the place which was my first choice and which the hospital social worker had told me had no rooms available and they said they hadn't gotten a properly filled out admissions form which was the only reason I didn't go there and they did have rooms available. So I got her hooked up with the hospital social worker and I'll be going there within the hour.

Thank God.
        ---------------

Comment

This all sound like a total nightmare and I'm so sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, know that you're not alone. I broke my tibia and fibula a few months ago getting off the toilet.

We could start a club or something
          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

I hope things are better!!!

I'm so sorry that you have had to suffer through all this....and with a broken ankle on top of it! I hope that things are better now and that you get settled in and can concentrate on getting better.
            Hugs!!

Comment

Hi RockysMom,

Sorry to hear you've still been having problems. I'm glad you called the facility of your choice and found out what the real issue was. Although none of them are perfect (I've had several experiences at them), I'm really glad you got into the one of your choice.

Best of luck to you and I hope all goes well for you there.
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Oh, I feel for you. Being in a stuffy nursing home where it's 80 degrees. I had the same experience last summer. I survived the night hooked up to oxygen but, by morning, I was on the phone with my doctor the to GET ME OUT OF HERE.

I hope your next place is better. You never know. Those place just don't seem clean. I wish we could stay at the hospital. That's just the kind of cuts in medical care that I'm disappointed about. We used to be able to stay until we got better. Now, it's just for testing and then bye bye baby.

Comment

I'm in a much better facility now although with a wicked evil witch for a roommate, you wouldn't believe what she has been doing to me! I might get moved though or she get moved.
                  ---------------

Comment

Working...
                  X