Taking a Cruise Vacation with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasickness w/MS

Since I have balance issues, and sometimes feel dizzy, I was concerned about seasickness on a cruise we went on in December. I have been a little seasick in the past, so was extra concerned, and went prepared with ginger, and bonine, and everything else I could come up with.

You know what? I was less seasick than ever. PLUS I was able to actually show my family what it feels like to have balance issues. Walking on a moving ship is what walking on regular ground can be like for me! Interesting....

Comment

You'll love it!!

I've cruised several times and the advise you've received so far is great! I was dx almost five years ago and cruisin has been the best vacation before and since my dx.

My bit of advise is to go to the purser's desk as soon as you arrive to inform them of your limitations/disability. My limitation was climbing the stairs for muster drill. They can inform you of an area that you can go to prior to muster drill and you won't have to climb the stairs. The elevators are off limits during that time. Someone there will also get your cabin number and provide other information in the event of an emergency and you need assistance getting off the ship.

This is not to frighten you but to provide you with information I wasn't aware of until it was to late and the stairs almost ruined my trip the first day. I had not had this trouble before so I was was totally off guard when I could no longer climb all those stairs.

Cruising is a great and relaxing vacation. Remember to try and stay cool and pace yourself accordingly.

Comment

Working...
      X