No announcement yet.

How long till the tears go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel thank you for sharing such wonderful news. Amazing what a helping hand can do ... I've written about one or two in the past. So glad your dad was there to help.

It is VERY normal for you and/or loved ones to grief without even knowing it. Over time, you may experience the 5 stages of grief, but you'll eventually get through them. You sound a lot tougher than you think you are.

Here are the 5 stages: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and ultimately Acceptance. You may go through them out of sequence and revisit some more than once.

Please keep coming to MSWorld and let us know how you are doing. You just found tens of thousands of people that can relate to you, cheer for you, cry with you, encourage you and from time to time chide ya a bit (only because we care).

Don't be surprised if you tell some people and they do not respond like you think they should or how you would. People can be very strange.

I might suggest you call a girlfriend or 10 and have them come visit with you. Schedule them every 4-5 days apart so you have something to look forward to and they can help you around the house as needed. Don't be shy ... let them know you NEED HELP. Also schedule your dad to come back in a week or so. Find a neighbor or someone to run to the grocery store for you. The goal is to conserve your energy and to stay lifted (as Susan would say).

There are so many things you can do --- girls facial night, chick flick movie night, have a girls party for your daughter and let one of the OTHER mothers throw it and pick up your girl. That will give you time to collapse for a few hours, or come to trivia this Friday in the chatroom and laugh with us.

I'll stop rambling now, but suffice it to say more people are cheering for you than you'll ever know. In the future some new person will come here and this very post will help them in their time of need. That is the beauty of MSWorld and patients helping patients.

Godspeed young lady ...

Comment

Hi Rachel

I recently went through similar to you. I was admitted to hospital in the New Year and diagnosed on my first attack (no previous symptoms). To say I was devastated doesn’t come close. When I left hospital I think I cried for two weeks flat, as in full body trembling noisy sobs! Without trying to sound too dramatic I thought I was passed the point of no return.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fragile still and I know if I get any more symptoms I will hit rock bottom again; but I got through it and so will you. If you want to cry, scream, hit something etc then do it. It's a massive shock for anyone to come to terms with especially when it was all so sudden. You need time to process what’s happened xx

Comment

Forgot to add that I was diagnosed unbelievably fast as within two weeks of first symptoms, but now my new Neuro says it's a CIS. Rollercoaster ride, my head was spinning more then my eyes (Nystagmus).

Comment

Roller Coaster Ride for sure .... Today PT came to the house and taught me how to use a cane ... Praise God cause the walker I can not quite accept ...

Then my Pastor of my church called and BAM all the tears were a flowing ...

The pain is better accept last night I was HOT my legs were HOT and they were doing that twitchy business thing (sorta like they jump all over the place).

I don't have many friends here because I just moved 2 years ago ... and I basically always went to work and home to take care of my daugher ... then back to work. However, I did have a visitor today and that was nice ....

My emotions are just all over the place ...I have faith it will get better

thank you all!!!
          Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
          Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
          March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
          April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
          June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Comment

Rachael,

I am happy to hear you are feeling better. Also happy for you, that you got to get out of the house!
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I am still in the crying phase and I get sick of myself for it. I was just diagnosed 4 months ago but for two years solid, I have been dizzy and off balance and have vision problems. The other symptoms don't bother me so much but the dizziness for two years, well, I thought it would get better but it doesn't. So, I keep crying and then I feel bad for being such a baby. My husband has been patient but I feel he must be sick of it too.

I know I should feel grateful. My mom had MS in the 1960's and there was nothing to be done about it. Still, I wish.......

Comment

You need to remember that you are in mourning and one has to go through the grieving process. Your life will not be the same but time is a great healer but we all have relapses in our emotions and you will have a new symptom and you will cry again. that is OK. Depression is a common thing in MS and you will need help if that becomes to great.
                I also more problems when I am taking steroids and that is one reason I try not to take them as my emotions are all over the place with them.
                Glad to here you have had some better days.

Comment

Working...
                X