No announcement yet.

Memory blanks amaze me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it happens I don't know if it is just a normal blip, stress, or MS. I try my best not to worry about it.

Last weekend, I saw my cousin at a restaurant. When she was approaching me I knew that I should know who she was and her name. For what seemed like 5 minutes - but was probably seconds - I couldn't figure out who she was. I actually said, "Who are you?". She thought I was joking, but in reality, I really wasn't.

Comment

Yea Wendya432 - I can't drive any longer, but this used to happen to me too - I would end up somewhere totally not where I was going and not know how to get back. Have trouble with 'left' and 'right' too and sometimes I couldn't remember does red mean 'go' or 'stop' too - scary

Comment

A few years ago while shopping I spotted my aunt about 20 feet ahead of me. I was calling her name and she couldn't hear me.

I hurried towards her, tapped her on the back and said: "Hello Shorty!" That was her nickname. My aunt looked at me and I could have sworn she didn't recognize me. I was disappointed.

My sister yanked at me and pulled me into the next isle. She said: "Carole, what are you doing? Auntie Shorty died about 10 years ago!"

OOPS!!! I'd forgotten! But this lady looked just like her. Lol!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

LOL

That is just so funny.
          I hate mind hiccups. So FRUSTRATING.
          Originally posted by Blackcross View Post
          My favourite thing about Memory Blanks is that unpacking shopping bags is sometimes like Christmas!

Comment

About 8 months ago I ordered some of my husband's favorite cookies from Amazon! Because I was afraid he'd eat them too fast (he's been trying to lose weight!), I hid them, figuring I'd put out a little bit of each package at a time. Well, I hid them SO WELL, we still haven't found them! I say "we" cause when my husband found out they were in the house he went on an all out search for them! . He's even begun to question whether I bought them in the first place! It's been driving me mad! WHERE ARE THOSE COOKIES??!!
            Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

I'm lucky I have small children in the house so when I leave the water running or put something in a stupid place I can cover by blaming it on the kids. You know remote in the freezer oh those darn kids must have been in the icecream again!

Comment

The memory issue has been ongoing for me for years. I have had to just accept it. It's so bad my husband used to tell people "she hides her own Easter eggs!'

BTW Sunshine Daydreams, nice nick .

Comment

Working...
                X