No announcement yet.

A Gift to Myself Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frame measures approx. 4' long x 2.5' wide. It weights about 60 lbs.

I assembled it in my living room. Wish I could use it in my bedroom, upstairs. Too late now.

The monitor is not 'touch screen', adjustment for leg length is made with manual pull knob that slides into holes in the base of the frame, tension adjustment is made with a turn knob.

Newer models now available for in home use are touch screen technology for the monitor and for making adjustments.

Comment

MSW, thanks for the info on the bike. I hope you don't feel like I hijacked your post...I guess I just wanted to share my feeling that anything is possible, and that no matter where we are in the disease, we can do "something". Exercise, even the smallest amount, can elevate our spirits and attitude unlike anything else, and that makes a huge difference in how we view our days, our struggles, our physical challenges. This from the most un-athletic person ever! And yet I now feel like an athlete in my own right!

It's so important to always search for the physical activity we can do at any given moment, and be flexible when that may change. I love me some endorphins! Hopefully this thread will give some of us the motivation and desire to try something, anything...within out own personal limits!
      Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

Debby, thanks for sharing your WL story. It's one thing to see the before and after photos, hear the stories from those featured on a WL talk show or commercial. Hearing/reading from you makes it personal.

I'm always stunned by the physicial transformation and amazed beyond comprehension the long term self discipline required to reach a WL goal on that level. Hearing your story inspired me and a few others I'm sure.

I'm the most notorious (unintentional) hijacker ever, no apology necessary.

You'r a fully engaged WL and MS warrior.

<still bowing>

Comment

Quite a few years ago we "splurged" and bought a piece of rehab equipment made by Endorphin. We found out the manufacturer was is our area, so we bought it straight from the manufacturer, transported it ourselves and that saved us a lot off the list price.

It has a recumbent bike with mileage/speed/and resistance screen, but it also has a hand cycle attached, with the same info on a different screen. I can't do the legs anymore, but can still use the hand cycle part. My husband uses it for his workouts, and evidently it can give a great aerobic workout (I was always too slow to really see much use in the aerobics of it.) The seat swivels sideways so it makes it easy to get in and off it.

Cons are it's big and it's heavy, hubby's an exercise addict so we have it in a room with other exercise equipment.

As I said, it was pricey, but I imagine there are other manufacturers that make the same piece of equipment for personal use and less money. This manufacturer doesn't really make these for personal use but for rehabs, gyms, etc...so they're heavy duty...we've had ours for years and it shows little wear. But it's a great idea to combine the hand cycle and the bicycle into one machine.

Comment

Working...
          X