replied
    47 when diagnosed, but can remember symptoms from in my 30'sl

Leave a comment:

• poohb3ar
    replied
    ANOTHER REASON TO HATE THIS DAY

DX'D APRIL 15, 2002.
    i'd turned 40 in january.

during my 30th year i was dxd and treated for Lyme Disease in 3rd stage (brain)

i turned 50 in jan. don't want to be superstitious, but wondering what this yr will bring.
    unfortunately there are some things worse than MS. and I DONT WANT THEM!

back to dx, he back dated it at least 10 yrs if not more.

probably my 2nd pregnancy at 27 is what he thought, either that or the lyme flipped the MS switch.
    of course, they don't know for sure

i pray that all are managing well. that first dx really threw me, but the Lord brought me through it without all the bitterness that was trying to creep in.

take care and God bless ya!

Leave a comment:

• mibishe
    replied
    age 49

first symptom age 49, dx. age 49 progressive ms. in 4 years went from only a hand tremor and dropfoot to wheelchair.

Leave a comment:

• YukonArthur
    replied
    I was DX'ed at 30 but in hindsight my first symptoms were showing a year earlier. I'm 39 now...

Leave a comment:

• 502E79
    replied
    First sx near 50, dx of RRMS at 58. Drop foot and later, a weak hand, both right side. Now 62... Male BTW.

Have to say my MS doesn't seem very remitting....

Jer

Leave a comment:

• Sequoia
    replied
    DX at age 57, history of overlooked symptoms reaching back ~35 years.

Leave a comment:

• kewi1976
    replied
    Dx at 27, 36 now.

Leave a comment:

• Waydwnsouth1
    replied
    1st sx at 47, 7 years later (5 years of MRI's,4 Neuros, one LP and 2 years of living my life with no Docs, dx at 54.

Leave a comment:

• Lisasberry
    replied
    age of onset

No history or problems of any type until age 54. I have spent the last 13 months undergoing every test under the sun. Diagnosis made last week, at age 55. It has been a steady downhill slide since last April...no remission, and new symptoms every month.

It started on the right side and in the last week has moved to the left as well. I have gone from skiing last spring break to using two forearm crutches, and moving to a walker this week. Can't speak well due to word searching and stuttering, tremor badly, walk even worse, pain, numbness - you've all been there!

Really fast progression. And no one can give me a good idea of the future...i.e. when do I need to consider a wheelchair....months or years?

Leave a comment:

• valeriem2220
    replied
    DX at age 41
    Worrisome symptoms starting at age 35

Leave a comment:

• Look2theStars
    replied
    I was 36 at dx. 37 now

Leave a comment:

• JerryD
    replied
    I was diagnosed PPMS at age 50. It took a year and 3 MRI's and 4 neurologists and a neurosurgeon to get a diagnosis. No spinal tap but gadolinium enhanced MRI's . What fun !!

Leave a comment:

• lemstar
    replied
    Diagnosis at age 53, but first episode at age 24, and not too much in between.....

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Jackson
    replied
    After three years of wondering just what was trying to kill me , I was dx @ 56.

Leave a comment:

• Carole A.
    replied
    Age at diagniosis--53.
    Age at ON and first obvious symptoms--50.
    Interestingly, I "found" my symptoms at the gym, having recently lost a lot of weight and gotten very fit. If i hadn't been working out so hard, it may have taken longer to realize what was going on. Had I started running at an earlier age,who knows? I have always been a klutz. Now no one teases me about it any more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X