Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TABBY1
    replied
    I was age 27 when had MRI and diagnosed.

Had been going to the Ortho and therapist since age 10 for "back problems". PT/OT, trigger point injection. Even started working for a chiropractor due to the cost and limited visits private insurance will allow!

Glad to know what the true casue is now. Still go to the Chiro and PT though!

Leave a comment:

• PittyPat
    replied
    Dx 6/2/2008 at age 61 1/2...6 months from retirement (after working 45 years). Sx for 15 years; couldn't get any dr to believe something was wrong...thought I was nuts!
    Proved them wrong....So when finally dx'd was 'thankful'.

Leave a comment:

• Auctioneer
    replied
    Diagnosed with MS in 2006 at age 54, was told that I had a stroke on 2002 but looking back it was MS. In 2006 my neurologist said that judging by the scar tissue in my brain and spinal column that I have had MS for 25 - 30 years. It was always misdiagnosed as something else. Just had an MRI two weeks ago and I have new lesions on both sides of my brain.
    Still working, living the dream and enjoying the pain. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• ctf
    replied
    Diagnosed at 31 now 42.

Leave a comment:

• happy42day
    replied
    Diagnosed January 2012 at 55. However, imho I think I've been dealing with MS for years.

Leave a comment:

• howies mom
    replied
    Diagnosed at age 39 (1997), first flare at age 20...whole lot of mis-dx'd in between.

Leave a comment:

• showmesweets
    replied
    *Dx with overactive bladder 2001
    *Meds stopped working so saw urologist again who referred me to neurologist
    * Officially dx with MS one month after my 30th b-day, which was 4 years ago

Leave a comment:

• showmesweets
    replied
    *Dx with overactive bladder 2001
    *Meds stopped working so saw urologist again who referred me to neurologist
    * Officially dx with MS one month after my 30th b-day, which was 4 years ago

Leave a comment:

• 04blackcobra
    replied
    I first hhad an unusual symptom age 40 that lasted 4 weeks
    then symptoms started age 46 on and off and persistent symptoms age 50 with dx age 52

Leave a comment:

• KateA2
    replied
    Still not "official" but "most-likely RRMS" since I had partial TM, have occasional TN, random patches of numbess + mild vertigo off/on for about 3 years and heat-sensitivity (and a multidisciplinary team has mostly ruled everything else out barring further developments!) I'm 36 years old.

Leave a comment:

• Kraheera
    replied
    DX: Oct 2011, Age 26
    First Major Symptoms : June 2007.

MS wasn't even in my list of possible crap until June of 2011. IN 07, my arms and right leg stopped working. But there was no spinal, no mri, no x-ray. They did bloodwork and urinalysis, saw E Coli, and assumed that was what it had to be. I was given a bunch of antibiotics. It took weeks for me to have full mobility again.

My Neuro read that in my records and started up a storm of ranting about how some doctors were bleedin idiots. That was amusing, actually.

Leave a comment:

• MichelleHarper
    replied
    My first Ms attack started around Jan of 2004. I was almost 30. Had mri that showed lesions. MS was suspected right away. During testing I found out I was pregnant. My daughter was born in December. 4 months later I had a severe MS attack. Had another mri and had more lesions and was officially diagnosed at age 31. I'm now 38.

Leave a comment:

• SNOOPY
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunapee View Post
    "Although some cases of onset before age 10 and after age
    50 have been reported,it is so rare that an MS diagnosis is suspect."
    Louis Rosen M.D.

The above quote was taken from a book written in 1987,but updated in2009? Maybe the data has changed since then and not updated?
    MS was once known as a young persons disease (20-40), that was a long time ago. This disease no longer has age limits, young or old. There are cases of MS being diagnosed in very young children and those well over 40.

I had symptoms as a child (before my teens) and was diagnosed when I was 24 years old. I am now 51.

Leave a comment:

• SwedishPrince
    replied
    DX'd in 2009 at age 62, symptom was TN. Had some double vision in the mid-80's and they gave me an MRI and a spinal tap, said everything was 'normal' and that was that. Now, I realize what they were looking for.

Leave a comment:

• riverlady5783
    replied
    I was diagnosed at 25 after 1 year of symptoms.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X