No announcement yet.

quick question for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I was getting fat, but it's basically loss of muscle tone. Put on the old 'skinny day' trousers, and they're loose, to the point of falling down without a belt.

In the olden days, this would have been a good thing.

I eat quite well, thanks to bf, who really likes cooking.

I do think Copaxone takes the water weight off.

Comment

I WISH!!

sigh....i just keep eating, and moving less than before....i think i will go to weight watchers on saturday...sigh...

Comment

I didn't read everyones comments but when you have a flare you lose a lot of MUSCLE weight.

Problem is you lose some muscle weight and some keep it up but are still weaker then they where before and some gain the weight back but most of its fat.

reason I think some people get really weak after a few flares.

I lost a ton of muscle weight with my first flare. I have been in the gym a lot trying to get back to where I was before.

Comment

I still want to eat,but find I only finish about 1/2 my meal.
          I do like my breakfast, If I eat lunch I find I skip dinneer alltogeather.
          I've lost some weight,but so inactive it doesn't help.
          Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

You're absolutely right, ffjosh. It's a bit of a vicious cycle, because you start feeling too tired and weak to exercise, and that only makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
              I've lost weight too. I'm too tired to eat, too tired to cook. i just live on Ensure and ice cream. I wasn't overweight so now I'm too thin. At least steroids bring back my appetite. i can store up enough winter fat.
              Oh my Ensure and icecream, I think that would make for a horrible day for me personally lol. But I know what you mean abouts being to tired to cook or eat, I went throught that at one point as well.
              -Dave-
              "When you listen to somebody else, whether you like it or not, what they say becomes part of you"-- David Bohm

Comment

Lost over 60#'s

Since I became disabled I have lost over 60 #'s Most of it was last year. I think the stress from working and not feeling good added the unnecessary weight.. IDK.. But now that I am not stressed about work, I am dropping weight and I eat several times a day!!!!

My Neuro says, as long as it is a healthy loss, Great!! I make sure to eat plenty of fruit, vegetables and snack on peanuts chashews etc.. energy snacks for fatigue.

I am looking forward to summer as I recover from my neck surgery. I am hoping that with the help of PT and getting more strength I'll be able to do more and take less medications.

Omz

Comment

I will take the weight loss anytime over this darn weight gain.

I am at my absolute heaviest, and cannot seem to lose it.
                  I have gained 40 lbs in the last 3 years, and I so want to be back to my original 120 lbs.

Comment

From what I'm seeing with all the post is that there is really no rims or reason the the weight loss or gain thing and MS. Who knows I might be wrong. Lol
                    -Dave-
                    "When you listen to somebody else, whether you like it or not, what they say becomes part of you"-- David Bohm

Comment

I wish I could lose!!!

I wish I could lose!! I do nothing but gain!! I have a flare....do the steriod taper gain a few pounds and it gets harder and harder to get it to come off!!! I was a size 1 before and after both my kids, and I'm a size 7-8 now!!

f

~Diagnosed July 2010~ ~Rebif July 2010-June 2011~Copaxone Aug.-Oct 2011~ No more shots for me!!~ I choose quality over quanity!!!

Comment

I'm DXED (or not DXED) Idio. PN/possible MS. Part of the package is early satiety. I'm down 45#s...pushing 50#. The weight seems to drop off more during a flare, which seems to be more on than off the last two years. Really notice it when I switch from winter clothes to summer ones. Ahhh.... that one could take a while...HATE that stupid ground hog!
                        Me
                        "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X