No announcement yet.

Ready to give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please note that I am aware that Copaxone does not help with symptoms. Just another reason why I'm finding it to be a waste. SS cannot help with the past due balance, they're only offer was to see if I qualify for another program where the meds would be 100% covered. If I stick with it, it could be very helpful in the future but that still doesn't help me now. My next shot is the MS society and if they can't help I have a feeling I'll be selling some instruments which is not something I want to do. I would love to quit C, stop taking all meds, and never go to the doctors again but my fiance is very against this. So I will continue as much as I don't want to. Some days I wish I never would have went to the dr in the first place.

Comment

BeneathTheLies, bless your ! definitely not a good way to ring in the new year.
      it seems like all MS meds are sky high. when i went on disability several of my meds were no longer 'necessary' according to them.
      i talked with my neuro and came up with substitutions. i did eventually have to give up copaxone. i'm glad it's working for you. i still was having yearly relapses, and they were wanting about $4000 every 6 mos for them!
      talk to your neuro. see what s/he has to say. may even have samples to hold you over until you can pay.
      many don't take cop. daily, they use a different schedule, but get it dr. approved before you do.

most of us have had similar stuff happen, that's what makes MSWorld so wonderful. we're able to share what others might not understand.
      we're here for ya! hang in there!
      praying that your year takes a turn for the better!!!!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

So I have a game plan now. I'm not going to worry too much about getting my Copaxone refilled. I have a neuro appt on the 18th and he was concerned last time about my injection site reaction and said that we may switch if they don't go away. Well they haven't gone away. So if he's going to end up switching me it would be a waste to get a 3 month refill when I wouldn't be able to use it. In the meantime I'm going to get the money saved up to pay my off my balance just in case.

I didn't plan for MS and because of that I'm clueless at times how to handle the situations that I'm faced with now. It's a blow to someone like me who has everything planned out and prepared for. My anxiety got the best of me this time and my stress ended up causing symptoms to act up. I'm terrified I'm starting another relapse on top of everything else. Two new symptoms have cropped up in the last month or so and once again I don't know what to do. It's overwhelming to have so much happen at once.

I'm so grateful to have a place like this to come to vent and receive support and advice. Without it I'm sure I would be lost. Eventually things will settle down and work out but for now I'm just going to hold on for the ride. Thanks again to everyone.

Comment

BTL -

I hear you about the immediate freak-out. I woke up one morning this week to see I had only 2 thyroid pills left, so I called the pharmacy to get a refill. No more refills - what?! I had to change GPs at the beginning of the year, and didn't notice the new one only gave me refills for half a year instead of the year my previous one did - same clinic, new doc.

BUT my "new" GP just got a job in another state, so last week was her last day. And I saw her last week, but didn't realize I needed a new script. Oops. I just freaked out and imagined the worst possible outcome - having to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment and a new doctor and a new script. Last time my thyroid meds were too low (doc was adjusting them, and overshot), I was A MESS! I couldn't sleep, couldn't stop crying, couldn't get out of bed... And that's all I could think of. I just broke down. On the phone with the clinic trying to get the script. I was so embarrassed.

All that to say, sometimes things just get to be too much - especially this time of year, when the weather can be dreary, and the holidays were stressful (even if they were lovely, they wear you down!).

I'm also very ambivalent about taking medication that doesn't have immediate, tangible results. Especially since I've only had two exacerbations in 15+ years, the last 3 on DMDs. But my neuro put it this way: It would be a shame if you got only one more lesion that was in a very bad spot. So I decided to work with the medication unless it clearly didn't work with me.

Of course, it's everyone's personal choice what to do, but sometimes it's good to hear that other people are skeptical of the DMDs but still take them.

Most important recommendation to you: do something nice for yourself. If money's tight, just go to the flower shop and look at the pretty flowers. I often do things like that. It's good to enjoy beauty when everything around you feels like it's collapsing.

Comment

I used to be an immediate reactor- but am now following my dadīs advice of, "Donīt get excited." If you wait 24 hours, most of the time things look better. Try to start using the 24 hour rule.

Breathe- really, just take the time to take some deep breaths. I am doing qigong- a moving meditation with healing intentions. Check out wuji qigong on youtube. It may change your life. I do it right before bed and keep breathing deeply.

Med-wise- try to keep taking the copaxone with hopes that it is providing neuroprotective benefits. Hang in there. You have choices: laugh, cry or shake your head. Laughter leaves you in a better mood. Crying releases the sorrow. Shaking your head tends not to help anything.

Thinking of you.

Comment

Call your local nmss office. They can at least point you in the right direction. Good luck and don't give up.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Can I whine too?

I'm going to be without insurance for six months or so. My previous insurance disallowed usually about 30% of the billed charge. I called my primary, etc. business office hoping to pay the same amount my insurance company had been paying. Nope. They require $75 before you are seen and if you pay the balance within 30 days you can have a 10 % discount.
                I'm just whining. Of course I am having some problems that will probably require an office visit. Thanks for listening!

Comment

Working...
                X