No announcement yet.

Getting in and out of bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You wouldn't happen to have a link to the leg lifter you use, do you? My wife is starting to have problems and I need to lift her legs for her."

A yoga strap might work. Around $10 on Target website and lots of other places, I'm sure. There are usually rings at one end that you can pull the other end through, making a loop.

Comment

getting Out of Bed

My headboard and footboard are a metal-pipe material, scrolling design, so I grab onto any part to pull myself up to sitting position (and to roll-over during the night) then grasp each leg to move it over to the edge of the bed. My rollator (breaks locked) handlebars are grasped to keep me from falling over while I push up (with hands and arms) from the bed and thrust my body onto its' seat. My bed frame also has 4 metal posts with finials that I use a lot too. I read elsewhere on this site, a woman uses her old housecoat belt (removed) to help lift her legs to where she needs.

When I wind up on the floor from anywhere in the apt. I drag my body (rug burns and clothes drag off of me) to my footboard and again I have a lot of places to grab onto to pull my body bit-by-bit up onto the bed (20 minutes of struggling/workout) and mattress is shoved out of place, but sooooooo thankful when I make it. Think I'll use the housecoat "belt" idea and keep it handy to really help get my legs up onto the bed WITH the rest of my body. Cool!

Hope this helps spark other ideas for my conrades. I'm going to start a "new" thread about how I get off the floor (and include my remarks here) for other ideas.
      Female,56,Caucasian,Tysabri-2011 thru 2012 (to no avail, cane to rollator) Gylena-2012 thru 2013(to no avail, rollator to wheelchair) So thankful I lived life care free and to the max like there there was no tomorrow! "Don't worry, be happy!"

Comment

Working...
      X