If you could get rid of just one SX of MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could get rid of just one SX of MS

If you were allowed to get rid on one SX of MS what would you choose?

For me, the fatigue. I can deal with the pain, the cognitive issues but I woudl so love to have just one day where my energy level was great. Just one event where I not only am able to go but also go feeling energetic and leave still feeling energized.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Heat sensitivity. I'm a vampire in the summer.

Comment

For me it would be a tossup between the fatigue and the cognitive problems. If either one were gone, I'd be much better able to cope with all the rest of my symptoms.

Plus, if I could still think clearly and remember well, I'd be able to do something that was very important to me that I've had to give up on. The fatigue I could work around, the mental shortcomings not so much.

So yeah, I guess my one symptom would be the cognitive problems.

Comment

ms sx

Mine would be the unrelenting everyday 24/7 PAIN. I think most of the fatigue is from dealing with the pain especially when we try to walk or do anything.
        Linda

Comment

Fatigue. Followed closely by heat sensitivity. I'm not a vampire in the summer (that was a good one, Justsayyes), but it's close.

I think everything else would be more tolerable if I weren't so exhausted all the time.

Comment

Keep in mind I have not been diagnosed with MS, but I would have to say the spasticity that makes everyday so painful. walking, driving, fine motor skills.
            muscle relaxers do not even help so I don't take them(do not like zoned out anymore than I have to!).

Comment

Fatigue, I think. Even though since I've been taking ALA/ALC for the past year and a half, I haven't had many problems with fatigue, this last flare up has really kicked my behind with awful fatigue and weakness. I definitely could do without it!
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

That's a great question and easy to answer. It would be the heat sensitivity. I can deal with everything else but I do miss my outdoor work.
                Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
                Babe Ruth

Comment

My lack of balance and unsteadyness when walking. meds and walkaide have taken care of my fatigue to a good extent.
                  Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

My leg weakness followed by my pain. Not being able to move around by myself is my biggest fear.
                    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

The pain.
                      Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                      Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

that is a simple answer - the pain. The close second would be the brain fog.
                        Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
                        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

I have to say the cognitive. Most of the other symptoms come and go for me but this one...sigh...

Comment

It would be drop foot.
                            God Bless Us All

Comment

I would like the "Hang Over" to go away.

No matter what I eat and how I exercise...I feel like I just spent a weekend in Vegas with Keith Richards.

Comment

Working...
                              X