problems with your joints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tambrown View Post
    I get charlie horses in my feet is that ms related ? everyone one tells me I am low on potassium and should eat a banana everyday . A dr. never told me any of this just family . I did'nt know what causes it .
    Tammy
    According to my Neuro, no.
    I get the same thing sometimes, usually when I go to bed and lay down. My entire right foot will cramp up where the muscles feel like teak wood. It doesn't seem to matter how much I walked or stood during the day. It just happens sometimes.
    I think she doesn't want to go down the road of Rx-ing a drug for this (which is cool because I'm looking at minimal meds myself and I only bring it up for info). My last exam, she did the "letter opener down the foot" test like normal then follwed it up again by using a LOT more pressure.
    I asked, "Geez Doc, was it something I said?" and she told me she just wanted to see how the muscles reacted. So, I think she knows its going on.
    I tried eating a couple of bananas a day to increase my pot. levels but it didn't make much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Believer69 View Post
      Hello. I haven't been on the site in quite a while. I have just recently been dx with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. This (Joint problems) was what I was ALWAYS complaining of. I was tested for RA, Lupus, they thought MS was a possibility, but after dislocating,or subluxing my ankles, knees, shoulder or neck, they began to think differently. Once EDS was brought up, I began to research it. Everything I have ever complained of fits this dx. However, a lot of the same symptoms also fit MS. I have even read that it is a possibility to have both.
      That is so odd, I hadn't even thought of that - but I have also been *tentatively* dx with EDS (hypermobility type)! I forgot all about it. I have not had issues until the MS though, so I am not sure if it is related at all - but interesting. I will bring it up to the next doctor I see (whomever that may be. ) Thanks for sharing!
      Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
      ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Originally posted by Bob698 View Post
        According to my Neuro, no.
        I get the same thing sometimes, usually when I go to bed and lay down. My entire right foot will cramp up where the muscles feel like teak wood. It doesn't seem to matter how much I walked or stood during the day. It just happens sometimes.
        I tried eating a couple of bananas a day to increase my pot. levels but it didn't make much of a difference.
        "was it something I said?" that is funny!

Yes, my doctor's no is "well the brain doesn't typically affect the (insert body part here)" My response might be "well it didn't start until after my flare happened, it doesn't seem likely it is UNrelated to MS."
        His response,"well I didn't say it wasn't MS, I said it was UNLIKELY it was MS."
        My response, "what does that mean exactly?"

No response for that. I see a lot of those conversations between us in the future. LOL.
        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

tambrown

I also get charlie horses (severe cramps) in my calves and feet. Most of the time this happens at night while in bed. I am convinced this is MS related, as I didn't have these before MS.

I've found a homeopathic medication by Heel called "spasm-pain". I pop 2 or 3 under my tongue right before bed and rarely do I awake anymore in dire pain from cramping.
          Jen

Comment

Joint pain...

I was diag. in 1987 at 20 years old. I had so much pain but my Dr's said it was all in my head that M.S. is NOT painful. Now 23 years later they say you can have pain with M.S. I do have joint pain in my knees, left hip and lower back daily.

My Neru. says it's from my M.S. and years of having it.

Comment

Shin Cramps

I have had shin cramps, they are worse than calf or foot ones. I never thought about anyone having a cramp on the bone area of the front of the leg. But, I have from ankle almost to the knee. I couldn't stand on the leg because it hurt worse, but the heating pad works wonders.

I too have the joint pains, sometimes I wake at night with the worst pain in my hips.

Comment

Originally posted by MadamMarvelJen View Post

I've found a homeopathic medication by Heel called "spasm-pain". I pop 2 or 3 under my tongue right before bed and rarely do I awake anymore in dire pain from cramping.
                thanks for sharing!!! i am totally going to look that up and get some!

Comment

Left Hip

My left hip has been extremely painful for the last few months. I haven't had any relapses, but this pain perplexes me. It's almost like the joint needs to crack but won't. The joint even sticks out a little further than my right one. My family doc even had my hips x-rayed, the only thing they found was arthitis in my lower back - didn't think that could affect the hips but who knows?
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~FDR

Comment

Neck/Shoulder pain

Originally posted by barelracer View Post
                    I have joint pain also...which confused my docs at first (had lots of arthritis tests, including RA, all come out negative)

my hips, shoulders, neck ,arms, and hands especially. I never had problems before like this...

my new neuro told me about spasicity....hurts, bad..
                    I have a lot of stiffness/tightness in my neck/shoulders - HATE IT... in the morning feels like the right side of my neck is locked up - when I stretch it it hurts pretty bad. Did your doc give you any meds for spasticity? I take low dose Ativan helps to relax me.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
                      I have a lot of stiffness/tightness in my neck/shoulders - HATE IT... in the morning feels like the right side of my neck is locked up - when I stretch it it hurts pretty bad. Did your doc give you any meds for spasticity? I take low dose Ativan helps to relax me.

Jay
                      I take baclofen for spasticity

Comment

Working...
                      X