No announcement yet.

Poll Diabetics w/MS on MSworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 2 since 2009. Inherited from my Dad and his mom but really, I'm a fat guy so it was inevitable.
    "I know that I'm not my illness, but some days it seems so overwhelmingly difficult to cope that I put on that label and wear it like a coat." -Anonymous

Comment

Type II dx 7 mos ago.
      MS Limbo Bimbo, so don't know if I count.

Hugs and Prayers,
      Chele
      Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
      Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Comment

Diabetic for 20 years ms dx 2 years.

Comment

type 2 + MS + others

Comment

Believe it or not, there could be a very strong link between diabetes and MS.

Insulin is made in the pancreas. It is made from amino acids that the body derives from dietary protein. If even one amino acid is missing, the body cannot make insulin.

Researchers at Warwick University in London have shown conclusively that diabetic patients are thiamine (B1) deficient in blood plasma. In a paper published in Diabetologia, the team found that thiamine concentration in blood plasma was decreased 76% in type 1 diabetic patients and 75% in type 2 diabetic patients.

The researchers found that the decreased plasma concentration in clinical diabetes was not due to a deficiency of dietary input of thiamine. Rather it was due to a PROFOUND increased rate of removal of thiamine from the blood into the URINE. If you lack B12, you cannot absorb B1. It is excreted in the urine.

I posted some info under the threads "high calcium"
            "MS Fatigue Causes" and "Seizures and B12" on the body's lack of enzymes to produce amino acids and release B12 in MS.

Comment

Type 2, MS and other health problems
              SgrammieD

Comment

Redhead - Here is proof that there is a link. This info came from "This is MS."

"A new epidemiological study from Denmark demonstrates that people with Diabetes are more than 3 times more likely to also develop multiple sclerosis than people without diabetes." Link to reference article: "Diabetes and Ms linked in Danish study."

In addition, this article stated," Recently, MS was also linked with inflammatory bowel disease." This would coincide with the information on the GI and pancreas. Also, gluten is a protein, so if you were deficient in proteases(pancreatic enzymes) you would not be able to digest gluten.

Comment

Working...
                X