How often do you nap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you nap?

We all know that fatigue is a major part of MS. Do you take naps? How often do you nap? If you aren't able to take naps how do you handle the fatigue?

It seems like I am always tired, but at around 1:00-2:00 in the afternoon I am so tired I have to fight to keep my eyes open. I would love to be able to nap every day but my kids get home from school at 2:30 and 3:30 so it isnt always possible. Some days I will lay down after the kids get home for a little while before dinner. I love Thursdays though because they get out of school early and I can get in a good nap when they get home. I would say I am able to get in a nap 2-3 days a week. This week hasn't been a good nap week, I haven't been able to get one since Saturday.
    Shannon
    Diagnosed June 2010. Started Betaseron July 2010.

My daughter is only 2 and 1/2 so I still nap at around 1:00 everyday when she does. Somedays, she's not so interested even if I really need it!

Comment

Nap

I never used to do naps.
      Now, during the week, I work, come home and take care of the mutt, then make dinner since I am home first.
      I am then pretty tired and push till bed time.

Weekends, I love to nap around mid day,especially if I try to get a few things done early.

Naps and bed time are now highlights.

Comment

I never nap. I have 6 kids and run a home daycare. When I have HUGE fatigue issues, I sometime sit down and doze off for 5 mins, but that's it..

Comment

I sleep 10-12 hrs a night so it depends on which as to whether I have to have a nap as well. If I wake up early, I don't usually last the morning before my eyes glaze over. If I get more sleep I can usually make it until bedtime. Either way, the physical fatigue (you know not the sleep kind but the waited down kind) is with me almost always.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

AS OFTEN AS I CAN!!!!! lol
            nap when your body tells you it`s tired.

dave
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Whether I feel tired or not, I try to lay down from 1 to 2:30 and catch a nap or at least relax. Little ones are napping them, and older ones get home at 3. If I don't then, I can't later, so I feel like it is better to be safe.
              Melody
              Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

I nap as much as I can.

There are days that I feel like I haven't slept in weeks. No matter how much I sleep at night or how many naps I have in the day.

Right now I feel that way. I take a nap whenever I sit down. I would laugh but it's true. Right now my eyes feel heavy.

I also feel like I'm wearing a lead suit.
                Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
                Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

I usually only nap the day after my shot. (Avonex) My 3yo is a night owl so, we sleep in most days til around 11:00. Since being laid off a year ago, I don't do much during the day so, I don't get too worn out.

Comment

I'm 52, and ever since I started taking Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) I havn't needed a nap. My MS-fatigue has completely gone away. I drink no caffeine except one cup of coffee in the morning.

I also havn't been sick, and I'm around teenagers.

I've taken Providgil, Amantadine, I used to need a nap around 2-3:00pm daily. Nothing works like LDN. It boosts your endorphins 2-300% the day after you take it and as a result you feel great.

Boosting your endorphins also is great for your libido, male or female. My wife takes LDN too which is a good thing She takes LDN for another autoimmune condition.

Google: low dose naltrexone multiple sclerosis fatigue

and...low dose naltrexone labido sex

Go to: www.LDNaware.org

Comment

Depends on the day for me.

Comment

3:00 is usually mynap time every day. I try to get out and do my errands in the am and then nap in the afternoon. Alsmost every day I have my naps. I need them.

JudySz

Comment

I try to rest around 1 pm, but don't actually sleep and that helps me get the kids to bed by 8:30 pm and I sleep a good nights sleep!

Comment

I'm so fatigued, even after a full nights sleep, I hardly wake up and I nap again for another hour or so. When I feel like this I often take 2-3 naps a day, even nap before I go to sleep at night. Is there any normalcy to MS?

Comment

With my disease I don't "nap" but crash! I have interrupted sleep wake disorder since my stroke. I sleep for about 3 hours, up for 3-5 hours, crash again. It doesn't matter if I take strong sleeping meds or narcotic pain meds, still 3 hours sleep.

Now, should I over do by going shopping, shower, mentally stressed, I will crash and may sleep for up to 12 hours straight. None of this sleep is refreshing as fatigue is a constant companion. It's his brother, exhaustion, that knocks me out. Since I have no sleep wake pattern, planning anything is very challenging.
                              Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
                              No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

Working...
                              X