No announcement yet.

Pain in the butt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have all my adult life had strange and excruciating sharp shooting pains that would wake me up. I was always too embarrassed to tell a doctor about it, but now with MS just walking has become "embarrassing"...I never thought that these pains that would come and go were even a symptom of MS. I have had a colonscopy just due to my age and of course having had children, in the course of ob/gyn appts. have had rectal exams. I have not ever had hemorrhoids either. I never knew what could cause such awful pain way up there.

Comment

I am so glad to see this post. I thought it was just me. I finally went to a Acupuncturist and it helped a lot. Hardly ever have the pain now. I do get one in my upper inner thigh if I'm on my feet too long. It will go away when I sit down for a few minutes.

Comment

Thank you!

I forgot I had posted this (figures)...
        Thank you all for your posts. I am sorry to all of you that have to deal with this as well. It is VERY painful! I am thankful that I had this board to come to. I used to be one that isn't so blunt, but lately, I say and ask as it is. No beating around the bush, especially if I can't find the correct words...
        "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
        DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
        (Most expensive New Years Present)

Comment

I have this-but not a lot. There can be pretty awful. I did chat with my GI doctor about them and he made a few suggestions-like using moist heat.

Surprisingly enough, Dr. Oz recently talked about anal cramps on his tv show. He said they would bring you to your knees. I agree.

He suggested increasing fiber intake and some other things that I don't remember right now. He didn't mention anything about a relationship to MS. He talked about a number of people having them.

I bet you could check his site and see what he had to say.

What I like about him is that he will address anything-no topics are off limits!

Just remember-YOU ARE NOT ALONE (although you certainly feel like that when they strike in the middle of the night!!)

lydialou

Comment

YES! I have this too. I just posted elsewhere regarding similar issues. Mostly at night, pain wakes me. Only started with MS. I have no related issues, i.e.; hemorrhoids, constipation, female issues, back pain, etc. I'm glad it's not just me being crazy, but sad you all experience it too.
            1st neurological event 5/29/10. Dx 4/29/11. Avonex since 8/20/10. Age 41 & still smiling.
            Because we have hard times, we really know how to appreciate the good times

Comment

Working...
            X