Pain in the butt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain in the butt!

Okay, I'm just going to be blunt...I have had anal pain, like a spasm there. Anyone else experience this? It's so painful, it usually hits at night (but have had it durning the day as well), and makes me cry and roll around they're so bad.
    I am taking Baclofen three times a day, but it doesn't seem to be helping it and I can't take too much of that because of some Blood Pressure Medication I am taking. I can't seem to find relief. Warm baths sometimes take the edge off but for the most part it comes back. Heat makes most of my other symptoms worse, so I can't take a hot bath....just need some advice or encouragement. Thank you!!
    "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
    DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
    (Most expensive New Years Present)

I have a lot of spasticity in that area as well. Only had the type of spasm you refer to a couple of times...but OUCH!

If warm water helps it, but you can't get in the tub due to heat sensitivity, they do have a type of "sitz bath" tub thingy that sits right on top of the toilet. It would give warm water heat to that area, but shouldn't be enough heat to trigger heat related symptoms.

They have them at our local Walgreens, but here's a link to one online...they're under $20 at most places.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...LAID=153337884

I have a med for spasms that I take on an as needed basis (I use Klonopin .25 mg.) Maybe you could ask your neuro for a symptomatic med to deal with the spasm.

Hope you get some relief.

Comment

I have had it a few times, also at night. It wakes me and I always, in my half-sleep, think if I just go to the bathroom and have a BM, it will get rid of the pain. Of course, that doesn't work (no BM and no pain relief). I go back to bed and sleep finally comes and takes care of it. I've often wondered what it was. Definately painful!!

Comment

I've had them on several occasions too, and they're horrible! Very, very painful!
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I'm so sorry you have these spasms.

But I have to admit that I was happy to see a post on it.

I have had these "butt spasms" twice, and I thought I was just weird.

Hugs and Prayers,
          Chele
          Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
          Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Comment

I started having a pain similar to this before I got MS symptoms. The GI doc said it was a spastic colon. It feels like dry heaves of the butt. He gave me an antispasmodic that works great! Levsin is the brand name. It relaxes smooth muscles so sometimes it's hard for my eyes to focus after taking it. And I've found a few foods that trigger it. The biggest culprit is black or white pepper.

I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, but I just wanted to share in case the info helps.
            7/17/05 Bells Palsy Sx, 8/25/05 MS Dx, 10/14/05-2/8/07 Rebif, 11/07-02/12 Cymbalta, 12/27/07-2/1/18 Copaxone, 2/18/18 Tecfidera
            I used to think I was Wonder Woman. Now I'm just thankful I'm married to Superman!

Comment

I had this happen again this evening at work. OUCH!! Thankfully it didn't last too long, but it was very painful.

I did a Google search and found this article on Levator syndrome. The symptoms fit perfectly, but the article doesn't say what causes it. All I know is that it hurts!

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec09/ch130/ch130h.html
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

same old thing

as i have mentioned previously i have that pain or i should say had. During the time period I was having it; it happened frequently and was very startling. jumped in air sort of........hahhhahha

Comment

OMG...so happy <?> to see this post...I would have never thought to even ask about it.

I've had those spasms a few time at night while laying down...they can rock your world!!!!
                  Dx 06/07
                  Copaxone

Comment

The wonderful world of MS and nerve pain. I had it once and it goes perfect with my EXTREME constipation, but thats a whole other horror story.

Comment

Yes, very painful, have had it twice, woke me up both times, lasted almost an hour both times, just spasmotic, lancing shooting pain. The pain actually had me in tears (which is unusual for me) As soon as it started, it just went away. I always thought it was nerve pain caused by MS. Both times I had overdone it and was way past being exhausted and I near my period. Don't know if this had anything to do with it.

Comment

Wow! I thought it was just some random pain (well I guess it is), but I had no idea it was connected to MS. I do not get them often, but when I do, they hurt like HECK!!!

I am so glad that this thread is here because I was clueless as to who to even talk to about it!!
                        Melody
                        Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

i get pain in that area too but its usually only severe when i have a Urinary tract infection- i have a SP catheter and unfortunatelyas they say, most of us with premanent caths are colonized with bacteria but they say not to treat unless symptomatic in the hope of of avoiding antibiotic resistance.

my UTI's do not get symptomatic in terms of fever, just really really really bad bladder spasm and pain right through that perineal and anal region- and you are right it makes going to the toilet a very painful event- to add to the pain, when they tried to change the cath, it would not budge at first and it felt they i was being pulled inside out through my nether regions! So even though i did not have a fever, we treated the UTI and at this stage it has eased back to the tolerable level it was before. I do have to be care ful about constipation as that will trigger the pain too and as i have poor bowel control i try to make sure i am not too "active" so this has taken a bit of trial and error to see how best to manage reducing the risk of an accident while avoiding a rather painful experience. i think out of all the issues MS has presented it is the bladder/rectal pain that is the worst- i am due for another cath change and it will be the 1st since that really painful one and it has me rahter scared to say the least but i am confidetn that it is just a case of getting the balance of every thing right

Comment

Butt pain

I've had it for six years now. I also have back problems along with MS. I couldn't sit longer that 15 minutes. I had to quit my job. My doctor finally prescribed Methodone. I didn't want to take a narcotic but after taking it on a regular basis about 3 times a day it finally worked. I still can't sit a real long time but I can sit alot longer than I used to. I have to take the meds consistently though. Good luck.

Kat4

Comment

I HAVE HAD THIS ALSO ......ITS SO PAINFUL AND IT WOULD MAKE ME JUMP AND CLENCH MY BUTT SO HARD. OF COURSE IT SEEMED TO MAKE ITS APPEARANCE WHEN I WAS AROUND PEOPLE. ....SO IT LOOKED LIKE I WAS DOING SOME GOOFY DANCE MOVE. LOL
                              I HAVE THEM PRETTY FREQUENTLY, BUT I HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH HEMMOROIDS....I ALWAYS THAT IT WAS THAT.
                              MIGHT MENTION THIS TO MY NEURO AT MY NEXT VISIT.

Comment

Working...
                              X