Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having A Bad Day

Can't always have good ones anymore right? :/

I don't understand why people at social services offices are so rude. It doesn't seem logical since it is "social work". Aren't they supposed to be nice and help people? What is this world coming to *frustrated*

I'm almost finished filling out the forms for Medicaid. They want so much information and it's very very troubling for me to re-live my pain on paper. Even though I deal with a ton of disabling symptoms every day, I usually just try to ignore them and keep moving.

It's very emotional for me to tell them how I have to take breaks every 10 minutes and how my husband has to carry me when I'm unable to walk, how I can not walk up the stairs without stopping because my legs hurt so bad, how I am unable to exercise or take hot showers or do dishes anymore because the heat excaberates symptoms. It's difficult for me to write down that I can't go grocery shopping and can not make friends because of walking problems, memory issues, so many meds to remember, can't do the things my friends are doing,etc.

It's hard to talk about how I leave the stove and oven on and almost burn the house down, how I can not remember that you just told me your name, how I have short term memory issues, how I can't button my shirt, how I can not do a lot of things. I'm so upset that there is so much work and paperwork, all the medical bills piling up, so many steps to take to get denied here and there and getting the run around.

How I can't sleep because tingling crawls through my head and freaks me out so much that I'm bordering on insanity. I need help. I hope they approve me. I think I deserve some treatment. I fit McDonalds criteria, why didn't they treat me?

I'm such a wreck today. I'm sorry. Thanks for letting me vent...

Jamilea, I am so sorry that you have had such a bad experience with these people.

I know that I have to take a step back when placed in this situation and take a deep breath. I have to remind myself that these people are on the phone all day and sometimes, many times, they have been yelled at, cursed out, and treated as though they were the scum of the earth when they didn't make the over all decision that the person didn't like.

I know that when I am yelled at and treated badly then my behavior becomes like the one who mistreated me and I pass it on. It is a wildfire that should have never started.

I am not saying that you did anything wrong. The person on the phone with you may have just passed on her bad day to you and that is sad.

I pray that things will start going better for you. I know you have had a rough time of it.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

((hugs)) vent all you want sweety
      and yes you do deserve treatment, don't give up

Comment

Hugs

Hi Jamielia

I'm am so sorry you have had a bad day. I am sending hugs and prayers your way. Any time you want to vent you go right ahead.
        As for advice I don't know if I really have much. I work at a nursing home taking care of the elderly, whom I love very much. On days when I am down they always seem to cheer me up. Like today, I was not having the best of days and I was not even working, just felt down and blue all day. I went to the nursing home just to stop in and say hi, several residents asked when I was coming back, I said was working tomorrow and they said great, we missed you. That brightened my whole day.
        I guess what I am getting at is if you can do something that makes you happy or feel good, maybe your day will seem brighter.
        Again prayers and hugs are sent to you.

Bye, LKrue

Comment

some people just can't smile.

am so sorry they can be rude, a smile goes a long way I guess they get so fed up about hearing peoples "sad tales" they get to the point they don't want to hear any more. I had some real nasty ones I been lucky with a couple but they are mostly want you out the door faster then you came in the door.
          I was trying to get a walker covered from my disability I gave up ended up borrowing 5oo just to buy the darn thing because it had to the right kind of walker not those flimsy ones the disability center gives you. It is frustrating sending hugs out your way.
          Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Thanks guys. I wonder if I can just have my husband speak on my behalf. He's a pretty persuasive man, he's a car salesman lol

I'm just so afraid I'm going to do something wrong because they are so tedious.

The lady literally made me feel that because I'm not blind, deaf or legless, I don't deserve medical treatment

Comment

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
              Can't always have good ones anymore right? :/

How I can't sleep because tingling crawls through my head and freaks me out so much that I'm bordering on insanity. I need help.

I'm such a wreck today. I'm sorry. Thanks for letting me vent...
              O had to say I know how you feel I am dealing with this too i know I am already insane from it. I wish there was a magic pill to take this away. I am so fatigued I am sleeping now but it the first thing that wakes me up. It was insane during summer hot days and was begging for some relief. Its drives me crazy.
              Hugs and vent all you want.
              Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

Aren't the case managers supposed to help you fill things out to have the best possible chance of getting approved?

Isn't that their job?

Or is there someone else I can go to who can help me with this process?

Comment

I'm sorry you're having a bad day, Sweetie. We all do, so we understand. (I used to take note when I had a bad day, now they're so common that I marvel when I have a good day!)

Hang in there. We're right there with you.

Hugs,

Lisa
                  Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                  Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                  Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Thanks guys. At least I was able to almost setup starting an MS support group at my church through the society.

I wonder if they'll think I'm lame that I don't have a definitive diagnosis yet.

Not having a label makes me feel so lame. It's so HARD!

I need to put this to rest for the day and take a nice bath and relax. The stress causes more symptoms and the cognitive slowing is really getting to me.

I'm forgetting how to spell, forgetting names that were just told to me, all kinds of stuff. This is awful.

Comment

Sorry for your day. We all have them.

I've gotten in the habit of getting to master bath in am and looking in mirror and putting a big smile on my face even if it is the last thing I want to do.

I then see my father's smile. The sincere smile he always had... even in the very rough last years of his long life.

It actually gets my day off on the right foot. Makes dealing with the problems you mentioned easier somehow. Really.

Jer

Comment

BIG HUGS HERE TOO -

I myself had the WORST BAD PEOPLE day today. I actually was rude to a woman myself today. I was standing in line with my cane barely holding me, waiting and waiting and waiting for this lady and the cashier to stop their conversation and finally ring me up. It was so bad, I finally very politely asked if they could put their conversation on hold and ring me up, then continue their conversation.

They did, but the customer was nasty (I look young and "healthy) and told me, well, there you go, now you can go get off your "feet" (in a sarcastic tone).

I couldn't help it (really, I'm on massive steroids right now - lol), It just came out of my mouth - I looked at her and said "I'ts not my "feet", it's called Multiple Sclerossis, try looking it up.

I felt so bad about it, my husband finally went out and got me a push walker with a seat on it. I was fighting it, but it was time. I have to take responsibility for my own problems. So if I have to sit down in my walker, then at least I won't fall down.

I'm sorry you had a bad day (me too - lol). Society is getting tougher and tougher, and less caring. Just remember, you're not alone, this is tough. We're all entitled to have a bad day sometimes.

God Bless,
                        Tammy

Comment

Working...
                        X