Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WII & EXERCISE GROUP CHECKIN 7/29/2010

GREAT JOB EVERYONE WHO REPORTED!

Summer seems to be slowing everyone up or keeping them away from computers to check in. Come back when you can! We're missing quite a few.
    Those who did check in met their goal!

GOALS MET:
    FOUR!

GOAL MISSED:
    ONE- um, me -let heat & fatigue get me down.

It's great to see how we're coming together as a group and helping each other out. That is what this is all about. Encouraging a healthy lifestyle that keeps us moving.

TIP FOR THE DAY:
    (per Runners World again)

WORKOUT ROADBLOCKS

1st one- Morning, Too Sleepy

Predawn hours your body temperature and heart rate are at their lowest point. With light, temperature and rate increase making it easier to be active.
    Answer- (one of them) Caffeine can stimulate your system enough to get going. If you're waking up tired, you're probably not getting enough sleep. Turn off TV and computer 30 minutes before bedtime. Absence of light boost production of melatonin, hormone that makes you feel sleepy.

Next week, Midday Roadblock Tip.

Take care, keep moving and God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

three times again this week. One was a long session but the other two were short.

Right now, my knees are bruised and hurt due to being on the floor with my grand-daughter. But it was worth it! The exercise made it easier to get up without too much help.

Comment

two weeks in a row!!!!!!! i made goal again, but only went over by 1 hour. sorry i`m a day late.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

wow I am impressed I think we are all doing rather well considering it is summer and weather is not liking us

I got my exercise this week. (I got to go and play with some puppies -- that put me on cloud 9 for a couple days)

I only did my wii 2 days but I did get my daily exercise the other days. (sun is kind of out and about)

Comment

Just found this thread and would like to become involved with it and also the weight loss group. What is my first step ?

Comment

Hi Laura,
            Pooh would usually respond to you but since I found this... Hello!

All you need to do is check in on Thursday (or Friday). Pooh usually posts something in the afternoon to remind you. Then just respond as to how you are doing.

Most of us have set a goal (mine is three times a week of exercise) and let everyone know how we are doing. You set your own goal. My advice is make it less than you think you can do and build on it. It is wonderful to say you exceeded your goal and humbling to say you couldn't make it this week. But we all understand.

Great to see you in the group!

Comment

Hi Laura!
              newme was absolutely right. thanks newme.
              sorry i didn't catch ya sooner.
              this is a great group to just encourage each other to stay active as much as your MS will allow. it's not just about Wii games (that's just what got me interested) but ANY THING you do as exercise.
              mopping floors, housework etc is a challenge for me, it's actually moving & burning calories and exercise!
              everyone's goals and methods are different. you decide what you want and newme was absolutely right about setting a little lower than you think, especially if you've not worked out in awhile. you'd need to start slow to not hurt yourself.

We'd love for you to join us! i'm about to post the week's results through 7/29 & then everyone puts down how they did up to this week. count how much you exercised in a 7 day period.

HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!
              take care & GOd bless ya!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
              X