Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any stories about returning to work after Dx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir-Voor,

congratulations. It does show that after the inital shock, a person can go back to work. My employers were also very tolerant of me during that time. I'd say I'm still getting back into the swing of things, 1 1/2 years later.

So Pressednotcrushed - build yourself back up, as gently as necessary. Just make sure you're doing something daily to move yourself forward.

A

Comment

Ticket back to work?

I would be even more curious to know if anyone has returned to work after qualifying for SSDI!

It is such torture to apply for it, and than to actually qualify, that using that ticket back to work thing just because your in a temporary remission seems like an awful risk. I don't know anyone who works that "minimum" amount allowed with SSDI, either. I mean, if you can work that much, you probably don't need SSDI, and I doubt that would go unnoticed by the government.
      Tawanda

Comment

That's a good question Tawanda. I am pretty interested in the ticket to work thing or some sort of schooling to find a different type of work. I wondered how SSDI works in regards to going to work when in remission. I haven't gotten on it yet but I had SS say I was disabled enough to qualify for their medical. The SS liaison I have seems to think I will qualify, so fingers crossed because at the moment I cannot work and the piled up bills are threatening to topple. I do want to get back to work in the future though. If not maybe I can sell some of the craft things that I have thought about creating on and off for the last few years.

Trying to look at this as a chance to do some of the hobby type things that I have always wanted to do. I am making my best effort to stay positive. I did get to use my new "I'll be patient with you if you be patient with me" motto at the bank today. I hope I can keep it up.

Comment

Working...
        X