SPMS, 25 years, not responding to Ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPMS, 25 years, not responding to Ampyra

I am new to this site, however, I have had SPMS for 25 years with the last 4 years being travel chair bound for distance. I have total hair loss secondary to AI disease and have only taken Baclafin sporatically 10mg during that time. I have been on Ampyra since 9/1/10, 2X daily, with very little positive results. Is there anyone else out the with SPMS for such a long time who has realized positive results on Ampyra?

Originally posted by pauleboy View Post
    I am new to this site, however, I have had SPMS for 25 years with the last 4 years being travel chair bound for distance. I have total hair loss secondary to AI disease and have only taken Baclafin sporatically 10mg during that time. I have been on Ampyra since 9/1/10, 2X daily, with very little positive results. Is there anyone else out the with SPMS for such a long time who has realized positive results on Ampyra?
    I was dx'ed as SPMS back in 2004 and RRMS in 1994. My MS symptoms go back to 1978 at age 22. I started Ampyra last April and have seen some improvement. My gait and balance are still off but I do have more stamina. It took awhile for the drug to enter my system and the first month had a lotta side effects. It is the liitle changes like getting dressed and showering that seem a little easier now. Little steps.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X