relapses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relapses

How many still get relapses even though they're SP? Do you do roids when/if you do?
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Hi Choco,
    I was diagnosed SP but have had relapses, not as often as when I was RR. My neuro now waffles between calling relapsing progressive and progressive relapsing. At times, the progression seems to speed up and I've taken steroids with good results. Seems steroids aren't as effective as when I was RR but do help. More when my legs are affected by the relapse than when my hands are.

Think I might be relapsing now, will phone my neuro for advice.

Are you relapsing and progressive?
    Laurakim

Comment

Hi Laura

Yep I'm in the sp club but still have relapses as well. Just finished a 2.5gr course of oral meth pred and for three days I was 100% improved. Then just as it went up, after the course it went right back down! I think somewhere in between I started getting a sore throat, and you know what that means - yep the immune system kicking in to fight it off, so back to square one :-(
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
      X