Help please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please.....

Anyone have paralysis? Did it travel up your body? Did it come and go or stay with you? Where did it start and stop?

I'm getting scared and just need some input from others.
    Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Sorry snuzzer I do not have this problem but I hope you feel better soon.

I do know that if the paralysis spreads up into your mid chest it could start to mess with things like you digestion and breathing. If it spreads to far you should give your Dr a call.

If you start having any problems like breathing you might need to take a trip to the ER. IMO.
    "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Yes.
      My legs are effected more but I have problems head to toe.

PT (physical therapy) has helped very much. I cant feel a whole lot but I can still move pretty well.

Hope it can help you. I have had pretty good sucess with it but I have spoken to some that felt, it just wore them out.

Not a cure but it may help?

Comment

Paralysis

I HAVE PARALYSIS THAT COMES AND GOES. SOMETIMES IT CHANGES ON A DAY TO DAY PERIOD....SOMETIMES WEEK TO WEEK, MONTH TO MONTH ETC...
        I HAVE BEEN PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN FOR MONTHS AT A TIME.
        THERE IS NOT ONE PART OF MY BODY THAT HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED, EXCEPT MY ABILITY TO LAUGH AT ANY SITUATION, INCLUDING MY OWN.
        ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS, ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER ABILITY YOU DO HAVE, NEVER LOSE FAITH THAT THINGS MAY CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, NEVER EXPECT THINGS TO NOT BECOME WORSE, AND NEVER EVER LOSE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR.
        ALSO, ASKING FOR HELP DOES NOT SHOW YOU ARE WEAK, IT SHOWS STRENGTH AND CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF.

Comment

Thanks all! I've now been to two PT sessions. The more I got stretched the stiffer I got...it seemed! They had me standing (while braced in case I fell)! It was great, even if it took the gait machine and spotters!!!!!!!!!!lol!

Comment

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
            Thanks all! I've now been to two PT sessions. The more I got stretched the stiffer I got...it seemed! They had me standing (while braced in case I fell)! It was great, even if it took the gait machine and spotters!!!!!!!!!!lol!
            Good job! Standing is a start. Use whatever aids you require it still counts.
            About the stiffness and pain? That never went away for me, but I learned how to move and live with it.
            Ambulatory but in pain is better than nonambulatory with pain?

Keep working at it. It does get easier.

Comment

3 LIMBS PARALYZED

But then I have had this stuff for 50 years. If the paralysis moves anywhere in your body from the starting point - get to ER immediately. Could effect your lungs. Not being able to breathe is BAD.

I am assuming you have walkers & wheelchairs around to use when you have to. I started using mine because the fatigue was too much. Hope you get this straightened out soon.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post
                Good job! Standing is a start. Use whatever aids you require it still counts.
                About the stiffness and pain? That never went away for me, but I learned how to move and live with it.
                Ambulatory but in pain is better than nonambulatory with pain?

Keep working at it. It does get easier.
                Tommy Lee,

I don't know whether I'll be able to walk at all because I lost my hip flexors about 2 yrs ago. My muscles are almost nonexistant and arms/hands are slowly going. But I'm determined to do what I can...until I can't.

Kellygrn,

I'm in a power chair fulltime for the last 2 yrs., parttime for the first 4 yrs. I'm using some heavy-duty gait trainer right now. I wish I wasn't losing my hands too...it would make things alot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
                  Tommy Lee,

I don't know whether I'll be able to walk at all

Kellygrn,

I'm in a power chair fulltime for the last 2 yrs., parttime for the first 4 yrs. I'm using some heavy-duty gait trainer right now. I wish I wasn't losing my hands too...it would make things alot easier.
                  Don't know if it will work for you like it did me? But I hope it does.

I was in a W/C for 6 months 14 years ago. (moto-cross crash+undiagnosed MS attack) Worst time of my life.

PT and strength training have paid off big for me.
                  If you don't already do it ask your Dr or PT for some strength training help.
                  Also about your hands?
                  You could work on upper body strength and posture along with dexterity exercises for your fingers? (helped me alot)

My hands are still numb but i can use them.

Comment

Working...
                  X