Announcement

Collapse

CHANGES AT MSWORLD - MSWORLD'S CLOSURE

We began with a mission and purpose to help others living with MS.

We were excited to get going!

And hit a few bumps along the way…

However, in all seriousness, we remain grateful for our amazing volunteers, members & all who have made MSWorld a valuable resource for all!

July 10, 2024, we celebrated the goodness of these past 28 years. With a heavy heart, we will be ending our services.

We need a financial miracle to keep going forward.

We thank all for your support.

MSWorld's website will close on October 16, 2024.

“I personally want to wish all of you the guidance to find this type of support, as so many do here. Also, my prayers and love extends beyond my understanding. It has been a pleasure to steward this journey.”

God Bless you, Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson
Founding President
❤️

we leave knowing that
we did our best and
stayed true to our mission and purpose.

Please visit our General Questions and Answers forum to read more.
See more
See less

Myelin repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myelin repair

I am PPMS , dx in 2008.
    As there are not any options of treatment or therapy available to me, I have looked into mylein repair through food.
    Drugs for this therapy are not going to be available Till estimated 2019.
    I wonder has anyone else had experience with this method?
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Dawn[/FONT]

Pinkcane,

There are numerous trials going on in PPMS so hopefully something will come your way before long.

Congrats on being active... seek and ye shall find.

What can you do right now? Take a look at diet, vitamin D, LDN for starters. MSers are using various supplements which appear to be beneficial. Those are talked about at this site.

Lastly, an antihistamine (clemastine) is being trialed for re-myelination. Next year we should see some results. I don't believe a prescription is required for it but it is still unproven as a benefit in MS so be cautious and get your doctor's opinion if you want to try it.

Best to you Pinkcane!

Comment

After reading about the Clemastine Fumarate ReBuild re-myelination trial I decided to trial myself and purchased four bottles of 100 tablets. It costs about $10 a bottle and is an OTC drug.

I've been taking 1.34mg every eight hours now for about a week which is about half the clinical trial dosing of 4mg twice daily. I'll increase my dosing to that level over the next week or two.

No apparent side-effects so far.

When, if, I can confirm any improvement in disability I will post. To be continued...

Comment

I've had PPMS for 8 years and pain has increased steadily ever since Dx. Now the pain is unreal and the numbness feels like I have tourniquets tied around the tops of my legs, the pain and numbness in unequaled. This pain has to go soon either the pain goes or my spinal cord has to be severed by a neurosurgeon.

Comment

Boognish,
          I have was dx'd with PPMS in 2009. This is the form of the MonSter that has been on the 'back burner' as far as the medical pharma folks are concerned. I understand about the pain and the disability of PPMS.
          There are a lot of people on this site who use LDN and supplements to try to alleviate their suffering. I hope you discover something that helps your pains. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X