laquinimod? trials for PPMS and SPMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laquinimod? trials for PPMS and SPMS?

Anyone know anything about laquinimod? From a Medscape presentation see snippet below. I have an account but I think you might be able to read it if you google it. The article is A Multiple Sclerosis Update.

“Bruce Cree, MD: I found Dr. Comi's presentation on laquinimod quite interesting. This was an integrated analysis taking the 2 large phase 3 studies that were done in relapsing MS and asking the question about disability progression in these cohorts. Those studies previously read out as being positive, showing an impact of laquinimod on disability and also on brain volume loss, but less of an impact on new lesion formation and relapses.

It raises the question of whether laquinimod could have a neural protective property in MS. They did an analysis in which they first looked at a sustained disability progression, not just at 3 months; they also looked at 6 months, 9 months, and 1 year. They found the same effect of laquinimod in disability progression, confirming the change in disability progression at each of these time intervals.

It was interesting that there was also an impact in the group of patients who had no relapses. That group of patients did experience some degree of disability progression which was then attenuated by treatment with laquinimod.

That is interesting because patients who are getting worse without relapses are patients who have progressive MS, so this raises the question of how we use laquinimod in patients with progressive forms of MS. He left the end of his presentation with a proposal for a trial in primary progressive MS, and it looks like that is going to move forward. Following those results will be a larger study in secondary progressive MS.”
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous
Working...
X