Energy Healing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Healing?

I am very interested...........call me crazy.......desperate!

I have read a lot about it, and all of the positive results........just wondering if anyone here has tried it?
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Dawn[/FONT]

I have tried Reiki and it did not provide me with any benefits but we are all different so what works for some doesn't always for others. Good luck should you take this path.
    Falling down is easy... getting up not so much

Comment

I'm a Level 1 Reiki practitioner, and my daughter is a Level 3. She does energy work on me when she visits, and it does seem to help with many of my symptoms.

Unfortunately, I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, and the good effects don't last from one visit to the next. I've tried doing energy work on myself, but it's just not the same.

Comment

Our bodies are basically big bags of chemicals that run on energy. To make a change, we can manipulate the chemicals, manipulate the energy or do both.

Familiar ways we manipulate chemicals are through food and medications. A familiar way to manipulate energy is through simple physical movement. Another way is through techniques like acupuncture/acupressure. Yoga is an example of the combination of the two. Some people swear by Chi Gong. Meditation and breathing exercises can manipulate energy. I've never seen a single source that claimed that meditation and breathing are bad for people.

The theory of energy is found across many different disciplines, ranging from simple laterality in learning disabilities to more spiritual practices rooted in Eastern philosophy. One of the fundamentals principles is that, in a healthy body, energy crosses over from side to side. In unhealthy bodies, energy stagnates and remains homolateral. This principle is the foundation of the Brain Gym exercises and also of Energy Medicine.

One of the great things about energy work is that it's something that people can do for themselves by changing some of their habits. I wouldn't expect miracle healings from it, but I have found that I do feel better when I watch my exercise and energy. I feel more fatigued when my energy has gone homolateral. Many techniques are easy to do. They can be done alone or with a partner. It's easy to try and easy to stop if a person doesn't notice any benefit.

There is much information about energy across the different disciplines online. The principles are the same for all of them. A good basic book is Energy Medicine by Donna Eden.

Comment

THANK YOU!

I appreciate the comments, I dont feel I have much to lose by at least trying to learn energy healing, and maybe even see a energy healer?

Trying to get a better understanding of how this disease works. What causes make me feel better / worse, rather than "no rhyme or reason"

Sometimes I feel that I am getting "closer", in October 2010 will be 1 year for dx., I was hoping to have a better "handle" on it by then.

Comment

OMG!!!

Okay, I talked with a energy healer, "Dean Kraft"
            who quoted me a price for his service.

He charges 9000.00 for a
            Sat and Sun appt.

Plus you have to go NYC so you also have to pay for your flight plus expenses.

There is no guarantee that it will work (not news)
            and I was also advised I would probably have to return for another weekend.

so ........he must cater to the wealthy........not me!

I started Amprya this past Friday, and it does feel that it helps!
            I spent the day yesterday at home walking without the cane, and today at work, co workers notice improvement in walking with and without the cane!

sooooo excited!

Comment

Hi pinkcane!

Glad to hear that Ampyra is helping you. I have a dear dear girlfriend who does energy work and doesn't charge an arm & a leg! Very reasonable, with good results. If you are interested, just email me and we can "talk" if you like!

Seasha
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

$9,000 for an appointment automatically sends up a very large RED FLAG. Repeat after me "Snake Oil", because that is ALL that that person is "selling".
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                X