hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hair loss

hello, experiencing hair for last four mos.

Now have enough hair to cover scalp. Am female, btw.

Any suggestions/answers welcome.

Apologies for last post; long story.

hugs, angel
    livelover

Hair loss is so traumatic! I have had problems with this for many years. Depending on your age, your doctor can run some tests to see if you have a hormone imbalance that is causing the problem.

I have been taking a prescription drug called Spirinolactone & find that it helps a lot. My hair is thinner than it used to be but not enough for anyone else to notice. My dermatologist prescribes it for me. Some won't because it is an unusual use for it but I've never had any problems. I believe it's a blood pressure medicine that has hair growth as a side effect. I'm currently lowering my dosage which is causing some fallout but I've done this before so that now I'm taking less than 1/2 of the amount I started with.

I tried Rogain for women but it is extremely expensive & I found it very irritating to my scalp.

Good luck with this. We all want to feel comfortable with the way we look.

Comment

Are you on Interferon? It can cause hairloss. If so, it's something to report to the manufacturer and to your doctor.

As for the rest, I think Celeste has given good advice.

Comment

Hair loss

I have two really good wigs. I also cut my hair really short and then let grow very long and the regrowth helped cover some patches. I don't shampoo and condition as much as before. The wigs and makeup help me feel beautiful...but it's an hour getting dressed even without clasps or buttons or zippers. You can look and feel beautiful though.

Comment

hair issues

celeste & all, Thanx to you all for the rsponses; will speak

to my nurse prac. again,

Much appreciated!
          hugs, angel
          livelover

Comment

re:spirinolactone

celeste, Spoke to np, she doesn't want to prescribe it b/c

I've had issues with b/p and kidneys as well.

She may set an appt to see a "hormone" dr.

We'll see.

Thank you again, for your input.

hugs, angel
            livelover

Comment

Biotin supplements

Comment

I forgot about Biotin. My dermatologist said it doesn't help but I take it anyway because he also said it it can't hurt - you just excrete anything your body doesn't need. It's very inexpensive at Walmart so I figure it's worth a shot.

Comment

wow

i have been telling my husband i am losing my hair and he saw the clumps.. then went to the dr and they said it has nothing to do with ms.. and here we are talking about it... ugh!!!!!!! i knew it... so frustrated.. i to went and cut my hair and bought cute headbands so no one would notice.. wow..

Comment

hair issues

celeste & the rest, My dil is getting the biotin; my question

is this: are there more solutions out there?

desperate, angel
                    livelover

Comment

So much great info! Thanks everyone! Let me recommend a product I've been using the past few months. It's a Joan Rivers product called (I think) Great Hair Day. I bought it online from QVC. It's a powder that matches hair color. I use it to keep my very white scalp from showing through my very dark hair. I give it a

Comment

I am 38 and noticed hair loss at the temples. I am also going gray/white in the bangs area. Do you think this is from MS or just getting older? Anyway, I hate it. I am glad other gals have posted their suggestions and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X