Vision Causing Exhaustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vision Causing Exhaustion

I wanted to see if anyone experiences this. It seems that if I try to do anything pertaining to vision(reading,writing,focusing) it completely drains me. All I can do is close my eyes and literally hold my head up.

I try to get to the bed and fall to sleep. I think I slept 16-18 hours of the last 24. I'm fortunate to be able to sleep which is uncommon.

It's like all the mechanics(which is a lot) of using vision totally wipes out everything. Balance,thinking,holding head up,leg strength etc. Does anyone have this????

David

Posted on main board but thought it might be better here.I'm secondary progressive.

My vision goes haywire when I am tired or hot double vision big time.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thanks techie, the heat does affect the vision bigtime. I guess the exhaustion/drained feeling is kinda new. Just another weird MS thang I guess.

David

Comment

I work at a computer all day

and I know exactly what you're talking about. By the end of the day my eyes are so tired, it saps all the energy out of me. Who am I kidding? I'm drained before 3 pm every day. Sometimes my eyes are so blurry when I leave work I have to sit and rest in my car for a bit until my vision clears.

Comment

I totally understand. My eyes get so messed up I feel like I'm in my own world, like a box kind of, and the people around me are on the out side. With my vision i can tell what things are to a certain point after that forget it. So i too get really tired, and tired of sitting in this invisible box. Sometimes it's like why stay up you can't see anything anyway...

Comment

I can relate.

Double vision which varies hour to hour is what led to my original diagnosis of MS. Terribly tired after dealing with it for any time. Eye doc wants to get me a eye patch. I dunno. One tired eye better than two, not sure about this. Eyes gotta work together for best results, when they don't it is not good.

Always tired. Sleep is good. These days its what I do best.

Dave

Comment

I have double vision too. Mine is corrected somewhat with prisms, but it still vexes me.

Today was a bad day for me, and it was precipitated by my vision. I work on the computer all day, and I'm continually straining to see, adjusting my glasses etc.

I find when one of those days happens, I get really "spacey"...don't know how to explain it, other than just feeling weird, disconnected, off balance, tired, and like my MS is flaring. Fortunately this doesn't happen to me every day.

But the double vision does seem to take it's toll. Today, was one of those days when even eating and breathing seemed to be hard...hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X