Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver's side entry/exit too difficult- recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's side entry/exit too difficult- recommendations?

I'm a six foot tall male with stiff legs making it difficult to get in and out of the driver's side of a Honda Civic. I am on the Baclofen Pump, which does help, but am looking for a car or light truck that is easier to get in and out of. Any recommendations much appreciated.
    Steve

A Subaru Forester is easy to get in and out of because the seat is higher, but not as high as a truck.

If you need a scooter/wheelchair it has a rear hatch with a low threshold.

The boxer engine is very durable. Decent mileage, 4-wheel drive, good resale and plenty of used ones around.

Comment

I am only 5'2" and because my body no longer bends the way it used to getting in and out of a car is torture.

I drive a Ford Explorer and it is just the right height to get in and out of even for someone who is short like me. The new ones are lower and less like a truck.

I never have a problem getting in or out of any mid or full size suv. Plus as knucle pointed out there is room for my paraphanelia!

Comment

I find an SUV to be the easiest for entry & exit. They're not too high to climb in & I can kind of just slide out.

I currently have a 10 year old Olds Bravada (no longer made) & am shopping for something new. So far the Chevy Equanox seems to be the best with the exception of some that are way over my budget. The Subaru Forester also worked well. Do you need to take a wheelchair with you? They don't easily fit into many cars.

DH has a nice Ford Fusion but I find it difficult. The worst thing I find about using it is the way the door falls back when I'm parked on a slight incline so I feel like I'm fighting my way out. Even at 5'6" I feel like I kind of have to fold myself into it.

A Chevy Tahoe is really nice & comfortable but too large for my small garage.

Comment

I am also curious about this as I am about to get hand controls and worry with the ill be unable to get into my Prius
          GG

Comment

Working...
          X