SPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPMS

I guess I get to join this part of MSWORLD. I was just diagnosed SPMS, this past week. I've been under the weather for a while now. Just came to find some support.
    "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay"
    DX'D RRMS December 31,2007. Started Betaseron January 1,2008.
    (Most expensive New Years Present)

A hearty "welcome to the club". I have enjoyed a nice, slow decline like long, low steps. Such fun.

Anyway, you will always find support here.

Comment

Thank you, Ann....

Comment

Hello. Yes, it sucks, but don't be scared. No one's life ends well, unless you die in your sleep. One day you wake up, no matter what, and it's all over.

Sorry, depressing. SPMS can go slowly,and there's the advantage of no more flares. Unless it's the kind of SPMS with flares.

Just read that again, not very nice. I know we're meant to be supportive, but I think we're also meant to be honest.

Comment

Honesty

Truth does hurt. But, I would rather have the truth than a bunch of lies
          I have the SPMS, with flares. I seemed to have progressed these last few years and I don't believe I get more than a few day's of any kind of a remission and even then, I still have issues.

Comment

Welcome, welcome to the SPMS club (and MSW) GGBEE! You have come to a very welcoming place with lots of helpful information. The Primary/Secondary section doesn't have much activity, but we are here!

btw, I lived in AK for 16 years and loved it!!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey!

Thank you!!! What part of Alaska did you live in? I live in Anchorage It's beautiful here!! I'm formally from Washington State, lived there my whole life until we moved here ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GGBEE View Post
                Thank you!!! What part of Alaska did you live in? I live in Anchorage It's beautiful here!! I'm formally from Washington State, lived there my whole life until we moved here ten years ago.
                I lived in Valdez~ also very beautiful and a wonderful place to raise small children! It was hard though when I first started getting MS symptoms up there(years ago) as the medical teams in the smaller city didn't know much - one Dr. told me it was all in my brain and told me I was having a nervous breakdown (if only he knew!)

I'm sure things have changed now and I hope you have a good medical team to help you on your journey! Stay warm and be well
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

It is a wonderful place to raise small children. I go to Alaska Native Medical Center. I've bad some neurologist like that. But, now I have a great one. He actually did his residency in Seattle. I like and trust him.

Comment

Working...
                  X