ppms exacerbation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ppms exacerbation?

Is it possible to have an exacerbation with ppms? Seems like, at times, I get worse then back to "normal".

It's possible to have an exacerbation with PRMS (Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis), which is not the same thing as PPMS.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...-ms/index.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksan View Post
      Is it possible to have an exacerbation with ppms? Seems like, at times, I get worse then back to "normal".
      I know exactly what you mean.
      I am PPMS, textbook case. There are times I get worse and then back to normal...period end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Windwalker View Post
        I know exactly what you mean.
        I am PPMS, textbook case. There are times I get worse and then back to normal...period end of story.
        I am the same, although I find that after it gets a bit better for awhile, it returns and sticks around.

Comment

Originally posted by chuchelo View Post
          I am the same, although I find that after it gets a bit better for awhile, it returns and sticks around.
          Hi chuchelo,

My experience with PPMS is that I have slight but noticeable progression on approx. a 6 month basis. My baseline changes every 6 months. I know this is too fast, my Neurologist agrees. I still have ups and downs even though it is a relatively constant and consistent existence.

Comment

I always worry that I'm having a severe progression when I overdo with my activities but usually after a good long rest I return to my "normal."

The past 2 months have been really tough for this because of the holidays. I'm looking forward to a restful January.

My progression is slow but steady. It's most obvious to me when I do something on an irregular basis so it's more obvious that a couple of months before it was easier.

Comment

Hi, I've something simular to Skywalker. I always get a "little" worse, like 6 months before now, I had "only" tingling all over and just started to get fasculations all over, but now I'm starting to have painful spasm/spasticty? first in legs now also sometimes in arms and shoulders.

Other than that I get all kinds of "little" stuff for a week or weeks that go away at the end. Please read my new post about it, because I really would like to "hear" if it is anything like you all experience.
              Best regards,
              Lara
              E.s sorry for my English

Comment

Working...
              X