In agony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In agony

I was diagnosed 17 years ago and up until about 3 years ago, my symptoms were mostly numbness, a bit of a problem with swallowing and vision.
    Then it all started to go crazy! I was losing control of muscles on one side or the other. I could not form an intelligent thought for the life of me and the pain slowly started creeping up on me.
    Today, after 3 months of horrible pain, no sensation of touch/feeling on my right side, my brain is foggier than ever and swallowing has become a whole new pattern of concentration, daily....I am finally scared.
    I went to urgent care for pain, but I am so much a baby on pills for pain...I work at a very stressful and physical job.....and....I can't afford health care.
    I don't know where to go for help that I can afford...I kinda don't even know what to think about anything....I am, pardon the pun, numb. Scared...too tired to know what to do next!
    And....single Mom...2 girls in college, one about to go...job pays peanuts!!!!
    Help?

Are you in contact with the local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (website: nmss.org)? They might be able to tell you about local resources that could help.

Are you on Social Security Disability (SSD)? If you are, you might be eligible for Medicare. I know, it seems like you cannot stop working (been there myself), but sometimes your health takes over and you have to stop.

If your daughters are old enoough to go to college, they're old enough to get jobs, too, to help pay their college tuition and all the other things they need. I worked full-time and went to college full-time when I went, and I paid for it myself, in addition to living on my own and supporting myself. It can be done. Financial aid may be available to them, too.

In other words, I guess I'm saying the whole world is not on your shoulders. Put yourself first for awhile.
    As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

In agony ask for help

You will surprised what help is out there. Do what the other writer said. Contact the ms society. Not sure of your age but there is a senior citizen programs. There is more help out there ten we realize.
      Ask your dr for options of places to go. If you go to a church as them.
      I figure when you have MS you need all the help you can get.
      put yourself first.

People love to help others.
      Coral12

Comment

Working...
      X