No announcement yet.

Solumedrol at home (first time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello,well infusion #5 will be fri. sept 23rd, i may be able to get #6 before i see my MS Doc down in Detroit in mid october. i still dont feel any better or stronger but i don't any worse ether so thats a good thing.mark
    DX's,MS,1/8/04
    copaxone

Comment

IV and Oral Steroids

Here in Ontario the Neuro's tend to give IV Steroids 1000 for three days, then oral 1000 for a week, then they slowly start to titre down day by day. The total time on Steroids is about 3 weeks to a month.
      I have never heard of a Pulse method. Wouldn't you go through a withdrawl each time?

Comment

I have been on a 1000mg X 3days IVSM now for 3 years. The first 2 years I did them every 2 months. This last year I have gone to every 3 months. I have never taken a taper to help bring me down from them. I am going to ask the Dr for a break from the treatment at my next appointment. The Ampyra I started 17 months ago has given me my life back. Before starting I used a walker or cane in the house, could not do steps and could hardly stand to shower. Now I walk 11/2 mile each day unassisted. I go to PT 3 times a week for 2 hours a time and have lost 60 lbs. I want to see if I can get along without the steroids because I know how hard on the body they are.

Comment

I'm on a 3 month treatment plan were I get 1000mg solumedrol for 2 days every 4 weeks. The only difference I noticed is that I'm not sensitive to the weather - I used to be a walking barometer. Any improvement is welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X