Is it wrong of me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it wrong of me...

...to be thrilled that Osama Bin Laden is gone? I was in lower Manhattan three weeks before the 9/11 tragedy and stayed directly across the street from the World Trade Center. I love New York, and spent plenty of time there seeing shows, participating in dance competitions, and generally just hanging out.

I don't normally celebrate someone's death, but this guy...I just can't feel bad about him being gone.

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

I'm thrilled that he's gone!! I only wish is that he had been captured alive, stripped naked, painted bright blue (to help identify him), set down at ground zero, and let the New Yorkers whose family members he murdered dispense their own brand of justice. That would have been so satisfying! But at least he's gone!!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

oooh....you're a toughie, Lisa!

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
      Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Of course they could have taken him alive if he hadn't pulled a woman in front of him for a shield, but I am glad that he is dead. He mocked us and laughed over our sorrow for years, and he is now in the hands of his maker. God bless our Navy Seals and our president for coordinating and approving the operation.
        Take care, Wiz
        RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

As a former firefighter I an only imagine the look on Bin Ladens face when he gets there and instead of 71 Virgins he stands face to face with 343 FDNY Firemen each carrying an ax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
            As a former firefighter I can only imagine the look on Bin Ladens face when he gets there and instead of 71 Virgins he stands face to face with 343 FDNY Firemen each carrying an ax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe...classic, and PERFECT!
            Diagnosed 1979

Comment

You feel how you feel and I'm not going to judge it, but as for me I can't dance on anyone's grave, no matter how awful their acts were.

To each their own.

Comment

I too am glad he is gone kinda. I need to see confirmation a pic showing he is dead. Being that they buried him in 24 hr of killing him... just my thoughts

On my 30th b-day my mother in law took me to see the Statue of Liberty then went to ground zero. I felt soooo sad there was a sense of souls floating around I cant really explain that feeling I had.
                I will never forget that day nor 9/11 never

Comment

Jazz,

I have to agree!
                  Rae Roy

Comment

Jazz - I had to digest this one for a few days. Lots of emotions linking the mastermind to the destruction of the Twin Towers and the killing of tousands. This brought back so many conflicting emotions. Because I am a pacifist at heart, I cannot condone the killing of anyone - period. But, I have to take an exception here.

Like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Sadam Hussein and other lost souls, we cannot give them the RIP....rather RIH (roast in hell)
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Alicious View Post
                      You feel how you feel and I'm not going to judge it, but as for me I can't dance on anyone's grave, no matter how awful their acts were.

To each their own.
                      You know despite being totally pro-capital punishment I have to agree with this sentiment. I'm just not comfortable celebrating someone's death although I can understand on so many levels why it needed to happen and needed to take place in the way that it went down.

I'm not sure where my exact conflict is but I do think part of it has to do with this being acceptable, even celebrated and yet there are so many other criminals like pedophiles that can't ever be rehabilitated and yet for whatever reason "we" have decided it would be inhumane to kill them but we can storm into someone's home, shoot them and then toss their body in the ocean with no regard for their family that may well have been innocents.

P.S. I'm very surprised our moderators even let this topic slip through.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

It didn't "slip through", Jules. I started it out of a visceral reaction to a very current event. After all, MS is not the only thing happening in the world.

I'm hoping that people can remain civil with their responses. We are all adults here.....
                        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
                          It didn't "slip through", Jules. I started it out of a visceral reaction to a very current event. After all, MS is not the only thing happening in the world.

I'm hoping that people can remain civil with their responses. We are all adults here.....
                          Interesting choice of sections to post this under:

The Good Life! Come here for fun and entertainment, games and whimsical anecdotes, and to lift your spirits when life gets you down!

It just wasn't what I expected although you know me I'm all for offering my opinion in what I feel is always an insightful and civil manner.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                          X