Thankful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful!

I am from Alabama and I am so very thankful to be here today.
    I survived the day and night and still have my home and power.

I went to work this morning not really expecting it to be there. It was. Although a place just down the street wasn't.

There wasn't power and we were running off a generator. I only worked a half day, but I got hotter than I realized. It drained me.

I am soooooooooooo thankful I had a home with power to come home to. My parents won't have power for about a week (if then). I am not sure I could survive that. I am realizing more and more, the heat affects me. It sneaks up on me and flat out slaps me in the face.

But, as far as I know all my family and friends are safe. I am praying for all those and the ones I don't know.

So glad you are safe bluemanda! It hurts my heart to see the pictures of the devastation that part of our country has suffered.

The ONLY good thing to come out of tragidies like this are the stories of neighbor helping neighbor, stranger helping stranger -- it does my heart good & helps restore my faith in humanity.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I'm so glad you are okay. My niece lives in Alabama too, and I was so worried about her and her family. Luckily, they were able to go to their neighbors basement. Their home is okay, though there is devastation all around them and they are without power.

Those were scary storms! I live in Tennessee, and we had several bad episodes. The only damage we had though in my area was hail damage to our homes and our vehicles. My SUV looks like a black golf ball! We were blessed though because it could have been so much worse. My prayers are with those who lost family and property.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Very thankful that you are safe! I also worry about loss of power, only because of heat. We lost power for 5 days during the hurricane, we were fine. If it had been summer, I would have been in trouble.

Comment

Thinking and praying for the Alabama folks. Glad you are OK. We all have a lot to be thankful for.

Comment

Working...
          X