Grandbabies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandbabies!!

AND something I look forward to this fall!!! I will be a first time grandma and am soooooo excited. They have been trying for 5 years now and it is truly a blessing.

For you grandparents, how is your interaction with these special people in your life? Do you get to see them often? Mine will be across the country and don't think I'll be seeing the child very much. Traveling is so hard on me, physically and financially.

Still, I am thrilled for my kids!! I can barely stand it

(I put this in the Good Life section because I imagine having a grandchild adds to having an enriched, good life...)
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

They're a hoot, and I see mine often (3....two boys, one girl). My oldest grandson was born on my 50th birthday....talk about a gift!! He just turned 4.

His brother will be 3 this coming month, and the baby will be a year old in July.

I love seeing them, playing with them, and sending them home with mommy and daddy at the end of the day.

Enjoy your new baby, Seasha!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

You have every right to be excited. I know what you are feeling. I am a first time grandma. He's 15 mos and I see him every weekend. We have sssooooo much fun with him.

Enjoy!!!
      "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
      Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Congrats Seasha!!! Becoming a grandparent is AWESOME!! With my first one, born in May, '03, I quit my part time job, took the summer off, and then my dil went back to work, we agreed that I would have my grandson at my house 3 days a week and the other 2 they would do day-care, which was right down their street. It is a fully licensed daycare, run by a church where they know the day care people. They insisted on paying me something because I quit my job to babysit. It worked out good, because I still had alittle spending money.

The triplets were born almost 3 years later, and boy, that was something!! I wasn't dx yet, and no real sx at that time, which was great because I stayed nights there for the first 2 weeks or so. We got a system down that worked really well, and our son was off of work for 6 weeks, so 2 of us would takes turns with the feedings, with them taking turns sleeping, and I could always sleep when I went home in the mornings.

Until the last 3 years we lived in the next town, only still about 8 miles apart. Now we live about a mile and a half. Can get together real often!! After pre-school 1 day every week 1 of the triplets gets to come here to spend some 1 on 1 time with me. And we have so much fun!!!! And about every 2 weeks or so, Jacob, who is almost 8 gets to stay overnight here. He has his own bedroom and we are really close because I started taking care of him since he was just an infant.

I wish you lived closer - but you can always talk and send pics on the computer too. You will absolutely LLOOVVEE becoming a GRAMMA!!!!! Congrats again!

Comment

Grandbabies!

When DH & I got married almost 8 yrs ago he had 7 grandchildren so I got to skip children and go straight to grandchildren.

We are expecting grandbabies #14 & #15 in July. I love all of them but I have to admit the ones born after I joined the family are a little closer in my heart.

We are fortunate to all live in the same area (as much as anyone can in a major city) and at least get to spend holidays together. I can't imagine my life w/o children in it!
          DX 10/2008
          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I have 3 who are 3,6,and 8 years of age. Usually keep 1,2,or 3 of them every week-end or see them for at least 1 day a week.

This past month I haven't felt super so I told them I was now the fun Nana not the working Nana and we were just going to have fun. I'm stopping the cooking, laundry, and cleaning when I visit and now take them to their soccer, baseball, or shopping. I'm battling keeping this up but as long as I can manage I hope to continue the activities.

Love those grandkids.

Comment

Congratulations Seasha! We just got back from watching grandbaby #1 while her baby sister was born.

It is wonderful to have a grandbaby but very different for me than when I didn't have so many symptoms from this monster. I have had to rethink what I can and can't do. No more walking the baby to quiet them - but I can still rock and bounce her.

I am very lucky to have a hubby that loves the babies as much as me. He will often help out by making things easier for me.

Oh, and since you are going to be far away, if you don't already know how, learn how to use something like Skype. We actually used it today to talk with relatives that were too far awy to drive so they could see the new baby. My older grand-daughter is 2 and recognizes all of her relatives through Skype.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Comment

You are all so fortunate to live close to your grandbabies!! The kids have room for me when I come to visit and if there was any time to start saving $, it is now!

I worry though about being much help. But like you, newme, at least I can sit and hold, burb and bounce the new one and make sweet soft sounds and songs. I know about Skype, but we live in the sticks and only have dial-up, so that won't happen. They did send me an ultrasound photo and I cried... happy tears.

We have been waiting for this wee one for a long, long time!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X