Clean-up Challenge Check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean-up Challenge Check-in

For those of you who joined the challenge thrown down by Sparky10 in the thread "Help of I'll be on the hoarders show soon" ... here's your chance to check in! Let us know how you're doing on your chosen project(s) and what you have planned next.

I took some time over the last few days and managed to get my desk / entertainment stand cleared - and cleaned - off! One project down -- I'm so excited! I'm treating myself by chilling tonight and watching Labyrinth (yay David Bowie!).

My next project will be to go through the 3 plastic tubs in my living room and the boxes / bags of junk that are in them. I need to figure out what is in them and what to do with it all ... then DO IT!

Happy cleaning, sorting, selling, or whatever you choose to tackle!

I cleaned up my back deck yesterday!!! Took me all day, as I had to keep going and laying down, but I took down the frame to the canopy that was up, vacuumed the entire deck (I did much of it while sitting), and picked up things that should not have been laying around.... I was in sheer pain after, but I did it!!!

I just posted a thread about using ice packs to relieve the pain and hot feeling the work caused me, so I got two benefits out of my work yesterday!!!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

YES! YES! YES!!!

I moved several months ago and THOUGHT I got rid of all the junk but in the back of my generous closets I still have two boxes I need to go through and eliminate more. I am on two weeks spring break and I will tackle it. Thanks for the thread.
      My goal is to live lean and stress-free. I will pace myself.....
      Positive Possibilities

Comment

I'll get the coffee table clean off -- well, I think there's a table under the piles of junk

Any suggestions of what to do with old MS/Neuro magazines? I hate to throw them away.
        DX 10/2008
        Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
        Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Cool! working on my desk right now.

I have the papers I have to deal with box and the papers to burn box.
          Actually I have 2 boxes to burn and only one smaller box of stuff I actually have to deal with!!!!!!
          (unfortunately the bills and junk keep arriving. It would be cool to get rid of the mail box!!! Then I would be done forever!

Comment

I got all the dressing materials I no longer need and am going to donate to the Wound Care Center together - 1 big box and 2 little boxes. Now I get to work on the stuff to return to the store for a refund. All this will free up a lot of space in the kitchen.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Finished our tax returns..... and surprise! We are getting some money back!

The downside is now I have an extra box of junk to keep. (at least it is a small one.)
              I guess I can pull my 2003 box and put it in the burn pile to make up for it?

Comment

I cleaned out the two huge big boxes and returned the unnecessary dressing materials to the store. I received a $250 refund for everything - wheee!
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Well I'm proud to say I started my spring cleaning . I only can take baby steps but glad I started. My first room was the living room. Then the kitchen, have to finish that on another day. I made curtains for the bathroom window. That's an accomplishment for me because I haven't been able to sew since neuropathy. I'm learning to pace myself, but it will get done.

Stay well
                  "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
                  Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
                    I'll get the coffee table clean off -- well, I think there's a table under the piles of junk
                    Sad to report I'm failing Still can't see the top of the coffee table. I am just going to have to make this project a priority!
                    DX 10/2008
                    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Glad for the Junk!

I found my old tax papers while cleaning out the two boxes. I am fully moved in now and grateful for the thread. Now I can settle down and write that final paper......
                      Positive Possibilities

Comment

Well the other day I emptied the 2 huge refrigerator vegtable bins and scrubbed them real good. I usually do this only about 2 times a year. Right before Christmas and right before summer. However, I'm alittle early in that I found all the potatoes, onions, apples and afew other things were frozen because hubby had turned up the temperature in the refrig, because he wanted his soda pop really, really cold! It's always been really cold. I'm thinking he must have taken 1 or 2 out that had just been put in afew hours earlier. - I didn't give him a hard time though- after all, he is my best friend, lover and companion!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X