Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little April Fools lighted hearted fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little April Fools lighted hearted fun.

In light of tomorrow being April fools I thought it would fun to give people the opportunity to share some fun light hearted April fools stories.

Years ago (1974, I believe) in Saskatoon, Canada, I was a 7th grader. Canada was in the process of switching to the metric system. We learned kilometers and hectares nad kilos and grams, etc. The metric system pervaded the curriculum in pretty much all of our schoolwork that whole year.

And, we learned Celcius. During the month of March, the local radio station had been giving daily weather reports in both Fahrenheit and Celcius. Effective April 1, the plan was to go to just Celcius.

As planned, that happened. With a surprising additional announcement. During the month of April, the new plan was to begin announcing both standard time and "metric time". Effective May 1, all of the time would be given only in metric time. All of the schedules (bus, train, air, TV, everything) would be in "metric time". One month from today.

Well, of course, no one had ever HEARD of "metric time" (because it doesn't exist). But, the radio station, for the entire morning, was bombarded with phone calls from bus stations, airports, people who held tickets, etc.

Until, at 12:00 noon. You guessed it -- April FOOL'S!

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Back in the 70's sometime, I set the alarm clock to go off at about 2:00 a.m. for hubby to get up to go to work. He normally didn't get up till around 6:00. He jumps up and starts to get his clothes out, then I yell "APRIL FOOL, you can go back to bed now!"

Comment

recycling nut

A few years ago we told all the interns that one of the managers was a nut about recycling and that when they finished a box of paper clips they should put the box on his desk. At the end of the day he had about 10 boxes and no clue why the interns kept giving them to him.

Comment

Last year I came into work, opened my office door only to find that my entire office had been taken away. I mean every last paperclip, paper, pen, even the dust bunnies were gone. A completely empty room. All that remained was a note that said "Please see me".

It took a minute but then I remembered the date, the girls were in the office across the hall watching and trying not to laugh too loud.
          Terri
          Living in LimboLand

Comment

One word, actually two: Valarian Root

You use it for sleep but it smells HORRID.

I put it "around" the office of two of my co-workers. Sadly , one of them was out on that day and the root had to sit and stink the place up a bit longer.

They still talk about it to this day. It was awesome!

Comment

Wait till after midnite........ the April Fools joker shall appear in person at Rest Area 51.........

IF ya wanna see the April Fools joker, you will need to recalabrate your mouse...Ha Ha..........

Just to be NICE, I will include the needed mouse routine for the mouse calabration, I do it every so often even on days other than AF.

Gomer Dr. of, C U then

Comment

Spaghetti farming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNO2Kcvz2k
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

pass the plate please!

Hey Mamabug...

What kind of sauce? lol that was wonderful.

Comment

Got my son & hubby

I fooled my son and hubby this morning. DS likes to come down in the morning and watch a bit of TV--he likes to watch a Good Eats episode, which is usually cool with me. Lets him wake up.

This morning I told him he had to hurry and go get dressed, hair & teeth brushed. He asked why, I said I would tell him after he was ready to go. So he quickly got ready then queried me again.

I told him he had to go with his dad to hang out with his dad at work for part of the day, which he's only done once before when he was a baby. So he went to tell his dad (who was getting dressed ready to leave) what I had said.

Hubby comes down all in a panic about DS going with him to work. Asking what was going on and how long would ds need to be with him, why couldn't ds just stay home even if I wasn't going to be there he's 13.

APRIL FOOLS I tell them!! Laughing so hard. Love you both, but I got both of you and good!
                    Jen

Comment

When I was very young, I switched the salt and sugar. My brother's cereal and my Dad's coffee and eggs had VERY strange tastes to them and they didn't catch on right away as to what was wrong. Somehow, they didn't see the funny side of it!
                      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                      X