Say what?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what?!!

I was having lunch this afternoon with my family, when my son asked me about a friend's child, who was in an auto accident this past week. The 13-year-old sustained fractured ribs, bruised lungs, and head lacerations and is in serious condition in the hospital.

As I was telling my son the latest report I had on the boy, I said, "They are weaning him off the radiator." Of course, I meant ventilator, but that wasn't what came out at all. My whole family just cracked up laughing over it.

Me and my mixed up brain! Okay, I shared mine, so what's your funny word substitutions? Come on, I know you have some too! Might as well laugh about them, cause you gotta either laugh or cry or in my case, laugh until you cry!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

This is funny and embarrassing.

My husband once asked me what kind of sandwich I was eating. Instead of a peanut butter sandwich, I said it was a penis butter sandwich.

Comment

Thank you for that visual, Mrs. Bones! LOL
      "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post

My husband once asked me what kind of sandwich I was eating. Instead of a peanut butter sandwich, I said it was a penis butter sandwich.
        Oh that is great.
        Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
        ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
          This is funny and embarrassing.

That's hilarious!! LOL!!
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

It is quite the visual, isn't it? We laughed so hard.

I am happy to say as much as MS sucks, it does have some high points. I mean, come on...who else but us gets to laugh at penis butter and radiators?

Comment

pb sandwich - what a riot, MrsBones

Speaking of private body parts, here is my story - one of my girl friends drives a Volvo car. Her dd got one too a year later and at a large gathering, no less, I said to her "So...I hear you got a vulva too!"

I could have died!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                pb sandwich - what a riot, MrsBones

Speaking of private body parts, here is my story - one of my girl friends drives a Volvo car. Her dd got one too a year later and at a large gathering, no less, I said to her "So...I hear you got a vulva too!"

I could have died!
                That's awesome!

Comment

My 10 year old was wondering what he could do to help me one day, it was a bad day. I asked him if he would take the easy dishes out of the dryer and I would get the rest. He said "Mom, when did we start doing the dishes in the dryer? Don't you mean dishwasher, duh!"

You gotta love when the kids correct you!
                  Selina
                  Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.~Menander

Comment

Gosh, I have so many of them.

I think that the funniest was that I was trying to tell my son to get the clorox wipes from the shelf over the dryer.. I knew what I wanted to say and I kept telling him to get the papertowels from the oven.

Another good one is I do tech support and help people over the phones. I was helping "Bill with a problem on his computer and each time I tried to say Bill, I said Window.
                    I finally had to explain that I was having problems for the day and his response was "I have been called so much worse than that, so call me Window all you want!"

Comment

I got a funny one on my Dad. Last week while he was in the hospital he kept asking me if I brought his vroom vroom thing? I said your truck? No! my vroom vroom thing? I was trying so hard to think of what he meant because he was getting so frustrated. He said my chicken thing! After much going back & forth I said....your wheelchair? He said yes!!!!

Comment

These replies are sssooo funny!!

I say silly goofy things all the time. One was when hubby and I were talking about all the "woodchucks" we see the the backyard. He told me that sometimes people call them"groundhogs" So later in the day we were talking about them again, and I called them "GROUNDCHUCKS"!!
                        I thought he would bust a gut laughing- and when we told our son- he cracked up too! But then he is used to me saying weird things! I was like this way before I got MS, now it's just more often!

Comment

That's really funny. I'm lucky in that my cognitive abilities have remained reasonably intact, but I admit to pulling the ol' word okie doke every now and again.
                          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

About a month ago, the kids and I were heading out to the movies. My 13 y/o comes out of his room a little disheveled, so I told him to go "brush his plass". I meant hair. I don't even think plass is a word. It made us all laugh hysterically.
                            Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

Originally posted by Tracelyn View Post
                              ...his response was "I have been called so much worse than that, so call me Window all you want!"
                              Funny!
                              What a good sport this customer was, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X