Need suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions...

Okay, so I'm a "cozy" fan (ie. chick lit mysteries). My favorites are Monica Ferris, Laura Childs, etc. I've read the latest by these authors. Can anyone suggest anything else? Please!

Books I have read

Books are my best friend. I would recommend The Shack, anything by Joni Erickson Tada, Lori Wick, and right now I am into Jodi Picoult and Michael Palmer. Both very good novels. Also anything by Og Mandino is wonderful. Very uplifting, the Greatest Miracle in the World and Also the 2nd one The return of the Ragpicker. I also have the 12th angel. thanks carefully58

Comment

I have to say without a doubt that the coziest books I've read are the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton.

Technically, they're mystery books but they're very positive reads. It's about Lori who inherited a cabin in England from her mother's friend Dimity. Throughout the various stories sometimes about Lori, sometimes about someone close to her, Aunt Dimity gives advice from a notebook that she left behind that her ghost can apparently write in. Also, there's always a recipe at the end of every book. (I don't really bake but it makes me smile to see recipes for foods mentioned in the story)

I recommend it for anyone that just needs to feel that warmth that tea and cottages and eccentric people can provide.

Comment

book

not sure what a cozy book is, but anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips makes me laugh out loud.
        You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

books

I'm currently reading a series of books by Spencer Quinn. The story of a down in his luck private investigator and his dog partner. They are told mostly in the voice of the dog named Chet. Absolutely wonderful. Good story, a mystery usually involved and of course some kind of seedy individual. Very insightful as to how a dog sees the world around him. The first one is titled "Dog On It." I'm on book three, hoping the author continues writing more.

Comment

BOOKS!

Hey, I love me some romance! Books are like my best friends I recommend Christine Feehan and Christina Dodd. Great authors!

Comment

Cozy series!

My mother in law told me about The Mitford Series books by Jan Karon. I've read 2 so far (At Home in Mitford and A Light in the Window) and plan to read the rest. A story about a small town and the different personalities there. Easy to read and heartwarming, in a way

Comment

Cozy has different meanings for everyone

but I would recommend On Folly Beach by Karen White. I now want to visit Folly Beach!
                “Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.” Pablo Picasso

Comment

Just finished "Good Harbor" by Anita Diamant.

Excellent!

Comment

I second the recommendation to read the Mitford series by Jan Karon. They are all wonderful books!

Wonderful, in-depth, very real characters that become your friends -- I want to live in Mitford!

And now she started a new series with the main character from Mitford, Father Tim.
                    DX 10/2008
                    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Some of Sidney Sheldon's books are mysteries, some are not. But all of his books are centered around heroines (from what I've read). Very nice to see an author focusing on heroines exclusively for a change.

Comment

Working...
                      X